SSL with my ISP and Gmail

Ask questions about your setup or get help installing ZCS server (ZD section below).
Cpoc

Post by Cpoc »

Sorry for asking this as I try to solve all my problems on my own without posting. I have been trying to get SSL working with my ISP with no success.
I have installed Zimbra with no problems with CentOS 4.2. I had a few issues but I found the answers in these forums.
My probem is with my ISP because it uses SSL for everything. My ISP is using hotmail to provide email service for its customers.
It explains how make it work with fetchmail which I have already installed. The problem lies with c_rehash . script as it's not insatlled in CentOS 4.2 and I have no idea how to fix.
I would also like Zimbra to work with my gmail account if this is possible I have read some users have gotten it to work.
If anybody knows how to make Zimbra work with my ISP/Hotmail please share your info.
Thanks
marcmac
Elite member
Elite member

Post by marcmac »

Are you trying to grab gmail email via fetchmail and insert it into your zimbra account?
If so, SSL won't effect the zimbra end - once you've got fetchmail working to fetch the mail, the insertion into zimbra will be the same as covered elsewhere in the forums.
Cpoc

Post by Cpoc »

Yes this is exactly what i want to do. I just want want a backup of my email and use Zimbra as my new client/server.
So I beleive my issue is with fetchmail not configured correctly. I just cannot get it to work with SSL properly.
Anybody can help me out with fetchmail so that I can get this to work properly.
Cpoc

Post by Cpoc »

I think I can figure it out. I got c_rehash working with some googling I was missing openssl-perl but yum took care of that with yum install openssl-perl.
I beleive I can now get everything working.
Cpoc

Post by Cpoc »

Got it works like a charm. That was it just needed the c_reshash script to make it work. It creates the symbolic link that was needed.
It's fuuny I did so much googling but could not figure it out. Then I was searching on something else and came upon openssl-perl put the 2 together and it works.
Now I just got to get it to work in Zimbra so its puts it in the proper inbox.
I'll do more searhing I should be ok unless someone has a link that could make it easier.
Got fetchmail working now just need to put the emails in the proper inbox.
14319KevinH
Ambassador
Ambassador

Post by 14319KevinH »

Cpoc

Post by Cpoc »

Thanks I seem to be in the right track now.