Possible t have 2 webmail systems?

Ask questions about your setup or get help installing ZCS server (ZD section below).
gribbler

Post by gribbler »

Would it be possible to have 2 systems, on running for internal use that's a Zimbra server, and another that's external that's using some other webmail client (squirrelmail probably)?
It's been a while since I've looked at Zimbra, and I'm just begining to look into how to set this up for a particular customer.
Thank you.
D
phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

Post by phoenix »

Why would you want two mail servers running when Zimbra will handle internal and external mail?
Yes, you can use Squirrelmail, AFAIK, it's only another mail client that you point towards a mail server. Unless I don't understand (which is not unusual :) ) I think you seem to be making your setup more complicated than necessary.
Regards

Bill

Rspamd: A high performance spamassassin replacement

Per ardua ad astra
gribbler

Post by gribbler »

[quote user="10330phoenix"]Why would you want two mail servers running when Zimbra will handle internal and external mail?
Yes, you can use Squirrelmail, AFAIK, it's only another mail client that you point towards a mail server. Unless I don't understand (which is not unusual :) ) I think you seem to be making your setup more complicated than necessary.[/QUOTE]

So that I can have zimbra for internal users (current student and staff) and alumni get squirrelmail. I'm just trying to see if Zimbra has pop/imap daemons running for external connectivity; I will read some more and check, though I'm short on time and have a proposal deadline looming and am occupied with the new firewalls I'm building which I'll throw a plug in for http://www.pfsense.org - awesome.
robrankin

Post by robrankin »

[quote user="gribbler"]So that I can have zimbra for internal users (current student and staff) and alumni get squirrelmail. I'm just trying to see if Zimbra has pop/imap daemons running for external connectivity; I will read some more and check, though I'm short on time and have a proposal deadline looming and am occupied with the new firewalls I'm building which I'll throw a plug in for http://www.pfsense.org - awesome.[/QUOTE]
Yes, Zimbra offers POP and IMAP servers. Should be no problem pointing a webmail client of some sort at them I would have thought. Look under the admin area for them, make sure they're enabled.