Quoted replies, threads, wasted space and training?

Whether you are a current user, former user, a Zimbra employee, or anyone with experience using any of our products, we welcome your feedback. Please include a specific product name and version when relevant.
phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

Post by phoenix »

In the old vBulletin we used to be able to quote a previous post so everyone know to whom our reply was addressed, it doesn't seem possible in the forum to do the same and all it says in the post is "in reply to". We also used to be able to see post in a threaded context, is that possible on these forums? I find these forums/conversations difficult to follow in this format especially with the large fonts and all the wasted white space around the conversations.
Where is the "team" that are supposed to be helping us find our way around this jungle of posts? Where is the "training" links that were supposed to be provided?
Regards

Bill

Rspamd: A high performance spamassassin replacement

Per ardua ad astra
z000
Advanced member
Advanced member

Post by z000 »

this 'new and improved' forum is just AWFUL. before, the old forum was easy to navigate. now? i cant get past the first page. first of all EACH topic is about an inch and a half on my monitor and everything just looks bad. it is no longer a forum, it is a bunch of useless WASTEFUL space with a handful of topics. second, there are no sub forums set up like how the old forums were set up. Basically this make everything a clusterfu*** and is nearly impossible for me to navigate or find anything.

CHANGE FOR THE SAKE OF CHANGE IS A BAD IDEA.

i see absolutely ZERO benefit to all these 'new and improved' changes. it is a massive step backward and in fact it ENCOURAGES people to NOT POST, because it is so convoluted and backwards now. it is a massive turn-off in the way this 'new and improved' forum is designed.
phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

Post by phoenix »

I would agree with your comments about the layout of these forums and the wasted space on the pages and the whole design of this site. I'm sure some thought went into the design of these forums but usability doesn't seem to have been addressed at all. It seems not to be aimed at technical users but at corporate 2communities".

Unfortunately I don't see much hope of any changes in these 'forums' (I hate calling them forums) that would benefit any of the former Zimbra vBulletin users - this is the way backward (oh sorry, I meant forward [:D]). So far there is never anyone here, there is very little follow-up to comments, concerns or questions - perhaps the aim is to demoralise the open source community so we don't ask any questions or visit these forums.
Regards

Bill

Rspamd: A high performance spamassassin replacement

Per ardua ad astra