Upgrade to 5.0.10 Woes

Ask questions about your setup or get help installing ZCS server (ZD section below).
neuonyx

Upgrade to 5.0.10 Woes

Post by neuonyx »

After upgrading (Release 5.0.10_GA_2609.DEBIAN4.0 DEBIAN4.0 FOSS edition), I have a few strange issues.
1: In firefox only, under documents tab, when clicking on a document name, the document is forced to open in a new window instead of current, and the user is presented with the following:

HTTP ERROR: 403

permission denied: you do not have sufficient permissions

RequestURI=/service/home/username/Notebook/Page1

Powered by Jetty://
Users have permission to edit / delete but cannot view. I've deleted and re-created new and the user still has no permissions for some reason.
2: I mentioned in another section already but will add here as well, after the upgrade, when trying to access zimbra in Safari from my iPhone (2.1) I get a white screen that reads:

"Internal Server Error

The server has encountered an internal error"
Any assistance / ideas are appreciated.
Thank you!!
aoddy

Upgrade to 5.0.10 Woes

Post by aoddy »

I have found like this problem, too.
friedmar
Advanced member
Advanced member

Upgrade to 5.0.10 Woes

Post by friedmar »

Me to;

5.0.9 works.
Addition: When accessing Admin Console (...:7071) in OS X 10.5.5 Power I get the following Message:
We have detected that you are running a browser which is not supported for the Zimbra Administration Console.

The Zimbra Administration Console is supported on:

IE 6.0 SP2+

Mozilla 1.4+

Netscape 7.1+

Firefox 1.0+
again 5.0.9 works fine!
aoddy

Upgrade to 5.0.10 Woes

Post by aoddy »

I was fix this problem by create a virtual domain that likes a hostname of my server.
Such as :

My server hostname is aa.bb.com and I create a virtual domain for this hostname, too.

Before, my virtual domain is mail.bb.com only.
13547void

Upgrade to 5.0.10 Woes

Post by 13547void »

I upgraded and found that my port configuration (running on port 8080 so as to not conflict with Apache) was ignored and Zimbra just took over port 80.
Best part is: It reports the conflict during upgrade, but DOESNT ask if you want to set a different port.
I would complain louder but it's the freebie version so I got what I paid for. I'll have to figure out a way to fix it, but since we are all moaning about things the update broke, add this to the list.
phlunkie

Upgrade to 5.0.10 Woes

Post by phlunkie »

[quote user="13547void"]I upgraded and found that my port configuration (running on port 8080 so as to not conflict with Apache) was ignored and Zimbra just took over port 80.
Best part is: It reports the conflict during upgrade, but DOESNT ask if you want to set a different port.
I would complain louder but it's the freebie version so I got what I paid for. I'll have to figure out a way to fix it, but since we are all moaning about things the update broke, add this to the list.[/QUOTE]

http://www.zimbra.com/forums/installati ... imbra.html
13547void

Upgrade to 5.0.10 Woes

Post by 13547void »

[quote user="phlunkie"]http://www.zimbra.com/forums/installati ... imbra.html[/QUOTE is the solution in case anybody wanders in here looking:
1. Set zimbra to use the port you want:

zmprov ms mail.sect.net zimbraMailPort 81

zmprov ms mail.sect.net zimbraMtaAuthHost mail.sect.net
2. Do this to your apache vhosts:

ServerName mail.sect.net

ServerAdmin blah@blahblahblah.net

ProxyPass /

ProxyPassReverse / [url=Zimbra Collaboration Suite Log In

ErrorLog logs/zimbra-error.log

CustomLog logs/apache/zimbra-access.log common

All done. Now everything runs swimmingly all on one server. No port conflicts, and the access method is much preferred to ugly / weird URLs.
If anybody wants to do this, you will need to know how to use Apache, configure it, install mods, etc. RTFM for that.
activeinc

Upgrade to 5.0.10 Woes

Post by activeinc »

Since I upgraded I can't set my COS for resource items. Has anybody else had this problem? When you click on the COS box under the item nothing shows up. I tried to create a new COS but that doesn't show up either. Does anyone know what the command is to do this from the command line?
Thank you.
activeinc

Upgrade to 5.0.10 Woes

Post by activeinc »

Actually, all of my COS is messed up. I can't set it for any account and if I set a COS in the CLI for a mail account the settings don't take effect. That's not good.
530randall
Advanced member
Advanced member

Upgrade to 5.0.10 Woes

Post by 530randall »

I think, the COS was somehow messed up in the recent 5.0.10 upgrade. I experienced the same problem in my recent updates....