Zimbra Open Source Clustering - SAN

Ask questions about your setup or get help installing ZCS server (ZD section below).
Krishopper
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member

Post by Krishopper »

Clustering is only "officially supported" on the Network Edition with RedHat Cluster Suite or VCS (VERITAS Cluster). Any clustering done outside of that is not supported and you are on your own to figure out. There may be docs out there that will walk you through DRBD+heartbeat setups, but none of it is supported, so be sure you understand how it works, and how to troubleshoot it, in case you have problems.
13445raj
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member

Post by 13445raj »

@maceee just to explain more coz you PM'ed me ( not that i mind :) )
What you are asking here if someone can help you guide to a document or place where you can have a readymade answer to design, plan, implement, configure and troubleshoot a HA solution based on OSS Zimbra then you are out of luck.

it require lot of technical know how and experience to run the setups you have mentioned and each one have its own benefits and problems.

other than telling you what option is better or easy we are out of time and energy here to explain all that on a message board.
you need to looks around of bits of information avail on Zimbra and DRBD on these forums and ask specific problem questions so we can help.
Good day and happy Zimbra OSS HA ..its possible :)
Raj
maceee
Advanced member
Advanced member

Post by maceee »

Sorry but i start to believe that generally no one want to shre his knowlegde here byg iving an exact how to regarding Zimbra.

It is like osmeone to ask from me to help him to implement clustering on exchnage and to mentin him that will need 3 servers and 2 exchange ent. which he will place into dag and without to explain anythingmore. Sorry but htis is just frustrated to me.
I am trying to build a clustering as nodea - node b , I have checked a member's how to here: Zimbra HA HowTo data-server.org
but again none clarify why we need 3 servers and redudancy of this system like it.
Also can someone SIMPLY clarify if zimbra will work on cetnos cluster site and if yes how many servers needed for it and what's the redudancy????.
Sotty but i just ask simply questions i think and the only i get are general answers.
Document for zimbra official suport is too limited out there and start thinking again why to pay for a product which cost more than exchange since ican;t even get a very simple answer for my questions.
Rich Graves
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member

Post by Rich Graves »

I'd do this with no DRDB and no SAN software. Just shared disk.
Buy a quad-ported (dual-loop) fibre channel JBOD off eBay. Lots of Xiotech, Xyratex, and other branded shelves, two or three years old, are available at very low prices. 4 used 300GB FC disks will be almost twice as reliable, almost twice as fast, and less than half the price of two new 600GB SAS disks. Get some secondhand dual-ported 2G or 4G FC cards and patch cords. Plug both ports on the left side of the disk tray into one server. Build a multipathed RAID 10 with two global hot spares. Plug both ports on the right side into the other server.
maceee
Advanced member
Advanced member

Post by maceee »

Many thanks for your reply.
Since i iwll finally use network edition you think that it may work with cluster suite on centos? or should i go with drbd and heartbeat or shared disks as you?
And finally what's the servers number required to all these setups and redudancy to each of these?
can someone kinldy PLS answer to me?
thank you
phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

Post by phoenix »

[quote user="maceee"]Since i iwll finally use network edition you think that it may work with cluster suite on centos? or should i go with drbd and heartbeat or shared disks as you?[/QUOTE]The only Cluster support for Network Edition is RHCS, you will invalidate your support by using anything else.
Regards

Bill

Rspamd: A high performance spamassassin replacement

Per ardua ad astra
maceee
Advanced member
Advanced member

Post by maceee »

yes i understand this.
I just simp[ly ask if it will work, it is a simply question i think.

Also what the number of server that requires every scenario and redudancy that i get an every scenario.
I would be thankfull to anyone simply answer at me.
Thank you again