multiple smtp ports

Ask questions about your setup or get help installing ZCS server (ZD section below).
11640ralph

multiple smtp ports

Post by 11640ralph »

How do i configure my Zimbra 4.5 smtp to run at additional port 587? * RFC 2476
phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

multiple smtp ports

Post by phoenix »

Welcome to the forums.
[quote user="11640ralph"]How do i configure my Zimbra 4.5 smtp to run at additional port 587? * RFC 2476[/QUOTE]
You should find the following lines in the /opt/zimbra/postfix/conf/master.cf:
#submission inet n - n - - smtpd

# -o smtpd_etrn_restrictions=reject

# -o smtpd_client_restrictions=permit_sasl_authenticated,rejectuncomment them (maintaining the white space at the beginning of lines two & three) then restart postfix. You'll need to make this modification after each upgrade of Zimbra. There's also an RFE in bugzilla for this feature to persist and be enabled by default, search and vote for it.
You should also upgrade to the most recent ZImbra release.
Regards

Bill

Rspamd: A high performance spamassassin replacement

Per ardua ad astra
Klug
Ambassador
Ambassador
ZCS/ZD Version: All of them

multiple smtp ports

Post by Klug »

Bill, would this work too in order to run another SMTP daemon on port 8025 (for example).
As you might know, some ISP here are forbidding their users to use an "external" SMTP server (ie not the ISP SMTP server) on port 25...
phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

multiple smtp ports

Post by phoenix »

[quote user="8141Klug"]Bill, would this work too in order to run another SMTP daemon on port 8025 (for example).
As you might know, some ISP here are forbidding their users to use an "external" SMTP server (ie not the ISP SMTP server) on port 25...[/QUOTE]David
I assume you mean inbound to the zimbra server? If you do then, yes, it's possible. If you look at the master.conf file you'll see that it already listens on port 465 but you can add another port if required.
Regards

Bill

Rspamd: A high performance spamassassin replacement

Per ardua ad astra
marnellej

multiple smtp ports

Post by marnellej »

Tried updating /opt/zimbra/postfix/conf/master.cf by hand but got overwritten when i restarted the service. I'm currently using
Release 7.1.1_GA_3196.UBUNTU10_64 UBUNTU10_64 FOSS edition.
1542brian
Zimbra Alumni
Zimbra Alumni

multiple smtp ports

Post by 1542brian »

[quote user="marnellej"]Tried updating /opt/zimbra/postfix/conf/master.cf by hand but got overwritten when i restarted the service. I'm currently using
Release 7.1.1_GA_3196.UBUNTU10_64 UBUNTU10_64 FOSS edition.[/quote]

Make the changes to /opt/zimbra/postfix/conf/master.cf.in. Make sure to save a copy as they won't be preserved between upgrades.
marnellej

multiple smtp ports

Post by marnellej »

Thanks Brian, it worked