setup zimbra relayer

Ask questions about your setup or get help installing ZCS server (ZD section below).
melodic

setup zimbra relayer

Post by melodic »

What should I do if I get a case like this ..
A is the head office, there are already domain and mail server but not using zimbra mail,

B is a branch office, and has not had a mail server, currently using a central server in office A,
if I install zimbra mail it should be the same whether his or her domain name must be different? because I want to keep the same domain as long as we use the same domain name, and whether the names of user B's in A should be in the clear and migrate to B. or is there another way
and if I want to create a mail server in the branch B using zimbra, what should I do to mail communications in local B to A should not be used, unless there is some sort mail from external domains from yahoo or google,.
requested by the very explanation ..
regards
15337Raunaq
Advanced member
Advanced member

setup zimbra relayer

Post by 15337Raunaq »

Hey Melodic,
Welcome to Zimbra Forum.

Please clarify what your end point is .

Do you want to install zimbra and want to keep the domain same as in A,then you have to let go the old mail server.
melodic

setup zimbra relayer

Post by melodic »

thank you raunaq
actualy i will use 2 mail server in A and B, but mail server in A we not change anything.

now we will setup mail in B but using zimbra mail, and the question is how we to communicated in 2 different mail server in same domain.
soxfan
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member

setup zimbra relayer

Post by soxfan »

You might want to check out the Split Domain wiki page. It's typically used in helping to migrate to Zimbra from some over email system, but no real reason it can't be used on a long-term basis. Your biggest challenge will probably be figuring out how to forward email from your existing system to the Zimbra system.
melodic

setup zimbra relayer

Post by melodic »

thx soxfan...

maybe I'll try it, hopefully I can successfully perform with this manual