Problem with Outlook connector

Ask your questions and get help with Zimbra's Outlook Connector.
rjedge

Post by rjedge »

I have down loaded and installed the Outlook Connector beta and have run into an error when configuring it. In going though the server configuration after entering in the fqdn, email address, password and clicking on OK I get the following error dialog:
RUNDLL
An exception occurred while trying to run "C:Windowssystem32shell32.dll,Control_RunDLL"C:PROGRA~1COMMON~1SystemMSMAPI1033MLCFG32.CPL",@0"
Continuing further causes Outlook to crash and restart. Subsequent attempts result in the same thing. It is possible that this is occurring because I also have the Exchange 2003 Admin program installed on my computer?
rjedge

Post by rjedge »

[quote user="14319KevinH"]Have you tried to create a new profile via Control Panel -> Mail? Then start Outlook with that new profile.[/QUOTE]

Yep, tried that. Rebooted, tried uninstalling the Exchange 2003 Admin tools, all no joy. The Exchange Admin tools would not uninstall without failing with a Win32 error. I tried a search on Google, MS knowledge base, still no joy.
I finally decided to wipe my system clean and re-install Windows from scratch. A half hour later I was back in business. Tried the Outlook Connector install again and it worked like a charm.
My system is also much more responsive now. :)
15539sam
Zimbra Alumni
Zimbra Alumni

Post by 15539sam »

It is likely there are some issues between intalling outlook and exchange (admin tools) on the same box. Both install the MAPI subsystem and do it a little differently.
This kb article may lead you to more info.