One All Day Event spans over two days!!!

Ask your questions and get help with Zimbra's Outlook Connector.
8134Marcelo

Post by 8134Marcelo »

When I create an all day event in Zimbra web client then sync my Outlook 2003 client with it the event spans over a two day period even though I only selected a single "all day event".
Furthermore, when I create a single "all day event" in Outlook 2003 then sync it with the web client it syncs without a problem and does not span over two days... HOWEVER, when another user syncs with the shared calendar to which I posted the "all day event" using their Outlook 2003 client the problem shows up in their Outlook 2003 client (a single all day event spanning over 2 days).
Observations... whenever I change the event (after it synched) from an "all day event" to a regular event with start and end time I notice that the times on the "start time" and "end time" field of the event are always set to 3:00 AM to 3:00 PM... regardless of any changes ever made to those fields before. Also regardless of what time o fthe day I perform the syncs, etc.
I'm currently testing the Zimbra client via a hosted solution from Smedia.com and I assume they have the latest software versions and ZCS connector versions. I tested this problem in 3 different PC's all running Outlook 2003 and WinXP Pro... also IE7 as webbrowser.
The bottom line is that this "tiny" sync flaw Zimbra has with Outlook practically renders the calendaring functioning unusable when multiple users share and post to a public calendar (assumin they use alternate usage between their Outlook client and the standard Zimbra web client).
Anyone has any idea on what to do PLEASE HELP! I don't want to go back to my hosted Exchange solution!!!!
15539sam
Zimbra Alumni
Zimbra Alumni

Post by 15539sam »

Sounds like bug 7672; make sure to vote for it.
8134Marcelo

Post by 8134Marcelo »

I tried logging into bugzilla to find # 7672 but I was not allowed to view the posting. A red warning popped-up on my screen. I created a Bugzilla account, logged in, but still access was denied to # 7672
How can I vote for the Bug Fix???
phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

Post by phoenix »

You should also contact your solution provider about this problem, they can raise a case with Zimbra support for this problem.
Regards

Bill

Rspamd: A high performance spamassassin replacement

Per ardua ad astra
8134Marcelo

Post by 8134Marcelo »

Bill,
Just wondering if anything has come of the problem I posted back on Nov 12th regarding the incorrect sync problem that is created when a all day event is synched with outlook?
Like I said I have no access to the bugzilla bug you mentioned... I did request my zimbra hosting provider to follow up on it and have not heard back from them yet. I just emailed them today about it again. Any temporary fixes yet? I can't believe more people aren't complaining about this issue... it really messes up my multiple calendars!
Thanks,
MArcelo
phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

Post by phoenix »

There aren't any fixes that I can see on that bug report, it's scheduled for a fix the next milestone (i.e. version 5.x.x) of zimbra but that won't be until next year. I don't have any schedule for that.
You really need to beat your hosting provider round the head about this problem, he should contact Zimbra support for further information. He should also quote that bug number and your posts on this forum.
Regards

Bill

Per ardua ad astra
8224pepijn

Post by 8224pepijn »

I was just notified today by an administrative person in my organization who keeps track of vacation and time off for all employees that while all-day events look fine on their end when creating one or multiple day entries in Outlook, when viewed in other Outlook clients who have view-only access these entries span one additional day, due to the stretches being listed as starting at 1 AM instead of midnight. As a result, the all day event lasts until 1 AM + intended amount of days for the all day event, resulting in an additional day being tacked on. This is no good because payroll is based off these vacation and time off entries and people could potentially lose a day of vacation time or pay solely based on the shared calendar.
I tried voting for bug #7672 but I am not allowed even though we are a NE customer. I'll vote for any other bug related to this that I do have access to based on this, but it's a nasty one that ought to get squashed ASAP.
pepijn.
phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

Post by phoenix »

[quote user="8224pepijn"]I tried voting for bug #7672 but I am not allowed even though we are a NE customer. I'll vote for any other bug related to this that I do have access to based on this, but it's a nasty one that ought to get squashed ASAP.[/QUOTE]Open a case with support, they'll add your case to that bug report and you should (possibly) get access to vote on it.
Regards

Bill

Per ardua ad astra