Connector after Upgrade

Ask your questions and get help with Zimbra's Outlook Connector.
pfefferc

Connector after Upgrade

Post by pfefferc »

After we upgrade to a new version of Zimbra, do we need to upgrade all of the outlook connectors? If so, what's the best way of doing it besides going to each computer and running the update?
mmorse
Ambassador
Ambassador

Connector after Upgrade

Post by mmorse »

Not 100% necessary, but it's always recommended that your running the latest GA version of the connector. There's always plenty of bug fixes and enhancements.
pfefferc

Connector after Upgrade

Post by pfefferc »

Thanks...What's the best way to upgrade them all?
mmorse
Ambassador
Ambassador

Connector after Upgrade

Post by mmorse »

User interaction acceptable? ie:Are the end users technically competent/could follow directions?

No user interaction acceptable?

Do you push out build images...profiles...etc?

You just wrote: "what's the best way of doing it besides going to each computer and running the update?" So I assume that this is a relatively smaller company/organization?
pfefferc

Connector after Upgrade

Post by pfefferc »

Yes, it is a small company. Either one of these would work:
User interaction acceptable? ie:Are the end users technically competent/could follow directions?

No user interaction acceptable?
bjared
Advanced member
Advanced member

Connector after Upgrade

Post by bjared »

We have some people with old enough ZCO installs that when upgrading, it asks for the original installation file before it can upgrade. These are so old, that we don't have the original versions lying around. Is there some way we can get a zip file of all the historical zimbra connectors? This would really make our job easier when we find these one-off systems that haven't upgraded their connector.
--Brian
mmorse
Ambassador
Ambassador

Connector after Upgrade

Post by mmorse »

Contact support at zimbra.com or use your support portal
roldham

Connector after Upgrade

Post by roldham »

how about the "No user interaction acceptable?"
how can you update on an Microsoft AD environment using GPO to check the version number of, then update the ZCO?
If no one replies before I figure it out, I'll post what I suss out. there are a few posts on these forums saying it is possible, or that people have had luck, but no information about what precisely they did.
Vai0l0

Connector after Upgrade

Post by Vai0l0 »

I've created a dedicated policy for distribution per machine of the zimbra connector

each time I want to upgrade to a newer version I just inster the new version and set it to upgrade the old package
roldham

Connector after Upgrade

Post by roldham »

care to share some of your code?