[SOLVED] Sync error on shared calendar

Ask your questions and get help with Zimbra's Outlook Connector.
steeef

Post by steeef »

I've shared multiple calendars to all employees, and everyone I've heard from has no issues, minus one person. She can add them in ZCO (opening Other User's Mailbox), but no appointments show up in any of these calendars, and the progress window has multiple synchronization tasks with status "failed", and message "unknown failure".
I've tried adding a separate share specifying her username, but it doesn't help. Repairing/reinstalling ZCO also does not help. My last option would be deleting and recreating the profile, but it's not something I want to do if I can avoid it, especially if it's not going to fix the issue.
I turned on logging before I tried adding the share and synchronizing a final time, in case it helps. Any ideas?
fsiegel
Zimbra Alumni
Zimbra Alumni

Post by fsiegel »

Probably bug 42970, which got introduced in 6.0.4, and is fixed in 6.0.6 (releasing 3/29). If you're using 6.0.4 or 6.0.5 ZCO, I guess the best way to prove this would be to downgrade to ZCO 6.0.3 and see if the problem goes away.
steeef

Post by steeef »

Hmm, that particular bug is for an entire mailbox being shared, so I'm not sure if it's the same thing. I'm just sharing a specific calendar.
However, I now have two people with the same issue.
I went ahead and created my own bug:

Bug 45546 – Shared calendars are empty after adding to Outlook
fsiegel
Zimbra Alumni
Zimbra Alumni

Post by fsiegel »

It's all the same, whether you share an entire mailbox or a calendar. It may have manifested itself that way to the person who filed the bug, but the code is the same. The implementation of enhancement 40035 (have the delta sync thread go against the primary user's inbox, not the delegate user's inbox when doing a delegate initial sync) caused the regression represented by bug 42970. Clear as mud, right?
steeef

Post by steeef »

Well, it's nice to know that it's a known bug. I'll be sure to try again once the update's out.
steeef

Post by steeef »

Updated both the server and the connector to 6.06, and the issue has not been resolved. I noticed that someone who had the same error with Outlook 2007 (Though under Windows 7, not XP as I had) was advised to create a separate issue:

Bug 46054 – Unexpected exception with Windows 7 and windows vista on delegate sync
Added my logs to this issue, since the original one was marked resolved.
fsiegel
Zimbra Alumni
Zimbra Alumni

Post by fsiegel »

Bug 46054 has been fixed. I believe this was an edge case caused by an older profile. The problem is an unavailable sync token -- trying to access it caused the access violation exception. Until the fix comes out, I would try creating a brand new primary profile, syncing it, and then opening the shared calendar. Let me know if that solves the problem.
The real fix will be out in 6.0.7.
steeef

Post by steeef »

Got it. I figured a new profile might do it, but I was trying to avoid it. As it is, it only affects 2 out of 60 users, so it's not a huge deal. I'll see if they'd like to start fresh or wait for the update.
Thanks for helping me with this.