Outlook sync client

Ask your questions and get help with Zimbra's Outlook Connector.
ralfonzetti

Outlook sync client

Post by ralfonzetti »

Found more info here are some of the errors from the server side.
[2010-01-15 11:48:49,870] [funambol.engine] [ERROR] [949EAF30663F017E173B234E289F854F] [fbb-813246940] [admin@lincolnequities.com] [] Unable to create sync source com.funambol.framework.server.Sync4jSource@294e430c[uri=scal,config=zimbra/zimbra/calendarSyncSource/scal.xml,sourceTypeId=,sourceName=]: Error in creating an instance of zimbra/zimbra/calendarSyncSource/scal.xml

com.funambol.framework.config.ConfigurationException: Error in creating an instance of zimbra/zimbra/calendarSyncSource/scal.xml

at com.funambol.server.config.ConfigCache.getNewBeanInstance(ConfigCache.java:126)

at com.funambol.server.config.ConfigTools.getNewBeanInstance(ConfigTools.java:74)

at com.funambol.server.config.Configuration.getBeanInstanceByName(Configuration.java:776)

at com.funambol.server.config.Configuration.getBeanInstanceByName(Configuration.java:751)

at com.funambol.server.engine.Sync4jEngine.getServerSource(Sync4jEngine.java:1195)

at com.funambol.server.engine.Sync4jEngine.checkServerDatabase(Sync4jEngine.java:2274)

at com.funambol.server.engine.Sync4jEngine.prepareDatabases(Sync4jEngine.java:1351)

at com.funambol.server.session.SyncSessionHandler.processInitMessage(SyncSessionHandler.java:1246)

at com.funambol.server.session.SyncSessionHandler.processInitSyncMapMessage(SyncSessionHandler.java:926)

at com.funambol.server.session.SyncSessionHandler.processMessage(SyncSessionHandler.java:526)

at com.funambol.server.engine.SyncAdapter.processInputMessage(SyncAdapter.java:533)

at com.funambol.server.engine.SyncAdapter.processXMLMessage(SyncAdapter.java:254)

at com.funambol.transport.http.server.LocalSyncHolder.processXMLMessage(LocalSyncHolder.java:97)

at com.funambol.transport.http.server.Sync4jServlet.doPost(Sync4jServlet.java:399)

at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:710)

at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:803)

at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:290)

at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:206)

at com.funambol.transport.http.server.LogContextFilter.doFilter(LogContextFilter.java:115)

at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:235)

at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:206)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:233)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:175)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:128)

at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:102)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:109)

at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:286)

at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:844)

at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.process(Http11Protocol.java:583)

at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.JIoEndpoint$Worker.run(JIoEndpoint.java:447)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)

Caused by: com.funambol.framework.config.ConfigurationException: Error in creating an instance of connector/ZimbraConnector.xml
ralfonzetti

Outlook sync client

Post by ralfonzetti »

With All That I just got it fixed.... I found an typographic error in the ZimbraConnector.xml file... Thanks to all who replied.
I dont know exactly where I copied and pasted it from but there is a guide floating around with the following error

con.fig.ConnectorConfig">

jdbc/fnblds

Hoepfully that helps someone else...
rev.derek

Outlook sync client

Post by rev.derek »

... and it should read?
grant@dcdata.co.za

Outlook sync client

Post by grant@dcdata.co.za »

It should read.

jdbc/fnblds

If you are using the Zimbra Java version or a later version then you should have changed this to.

jdbc/fnblds

gepetor

Outlook sync client

Post by gepetor »

Hi everyone! I have a little problem with the sync client. I try to sync my contacts in zimbra with my contacts in outlook and this works fine!!

The problem is that when i have in contacts of zimbra other sub-folder of contacts, i can´t sync the contacts of the sub-folder to outlook.

The client tells me that some items have not been inserted on Outlook - "Sub-Folder" is not a folder selected for sync.

I have changed the configuration of the client to sync \Personal foldersContactsSub-Folder instead of \Personal foldersContacts but doesn´t work.

If I sync \Personal foldersContacts I check include sub-folders.

My sync direction is two-way.
Any idea??
phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

Outlook sync client

Post by phoenix »

Your forum profile shows you as using the Open Source version of Zimbra, the Outlook Connector doesn't work with the OSS version of Zimbra (only with Network Edition) so what are you using to sync your contacts?
Regards

Bill

Rspamd: A high performance spamassassin replacement

Per ardua ad astra
gepetor

Outlook sync client

Post by gepetor »

[quote user="10330phoenix"]Your forum profile shows you as using the Open Source version of Zimbra, the Outlook Connector doesn't work with the OSS version of Zimbra (only with Network Edition) so what are you using to sync your contacts?[/QUOTE]
Yes, we use the open source.

I'm using the funambol server 8 and the Zimbra connector by Zoltan67 and this works fine while i sync all (contacts,calendar and tasks) using outlook sync client.

But if in my contacts of zimbra I create a new sub-folder of contacts, this sub-folder don´t sync with outlook. Only sync the contacts of the main folder.
Thanks!
phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

Outlook sync client

Post by phoenix »

[quote user="gepetor"]Yes, we use the open source.

I'm using the funambol server 8 and the Zimbra connector by Zoltan67 and this works fine while i sync all (contacts,calendar and tasks) using outlook sync client.

But if in my contacts of zimbra I create a new sub-folder of contacts, this sub-folder don´t sync with outlook. Only sync the contacts of the main folder[/QUOTE]I have no experience of using Funambol so I'm not able to help you with this problem. As this isn't about the Zimbra Connector for Outlook I'll move it to the correct forum.
Regards

Bill

Rspamd: A high performance spamassassin replacement

Per ardua ad astra
gepetor

Outlook sync client

Post by gepetor »

[quote user="10330phoenix"]I have no experience of using Funambol so I'm not able to help you with this proble. As this isn't about the Zimbra Connector for Outlook I'll move it to the correct forum.[/QUOTE]
OK thanks!! Anybody has any idea for my problem?

Greetings!!
eustachy

Outlook sync client

Post by eustachy »

Ok, I know that is a little strange, but i'm stuck. I run the connector, and install sync app for my mac. Do I need do something like user create, device, principals, set up a public mail server, and all that stuff from admin guide, or funambol authorized user directly from his Database? Sorry for that stupid question..