Outlook sync client

Ask your questions and get help with Zimbra's Outlook Connector.
grant@dcdata.co.za

Outlook sync client

Post by grant@dcdata.co.za »

In Funambol you need to create a user. This user you will then enter into the device that you syncing. You will also need to configure the email server, you need to enter the details of your Zimbra server. If its on the same server then you can probably use 127.0.0.1 as IP address otherwise use the IP address of the Zimbra server or hostname.

When you create the Funambol user you should use the same username and password as you use for logging into Zimbra.

You dont need to add a device as the device will appear under device list once you get a succesful sync request, once it does appear in the device list check that the timezone is correct. You should end up with 2 devices I think, 1 for you mobile phone and the other for Outlook.
raymondub

Outlook sync client

Post by raymondub »

hi,

i ve problem to sync outlook at home with zimbra from my work.

With the mobile it s working in perfect way so i dont really understand why i have that kind of error.

When i paste the sync address in the browser firefox i have an exception with the certificate but once i accept it, it s ok.

But it seems that the certificate is a problem for outlook

this the result i have when i paste it :

Funambol Data Synchronization Server v.8.0.0
Man=Funambol

Mod=DS Server

SwV=8.0.0

HwV=-

FwV=-

OEM=-

DevID=funambol

DevTyp=server

VerDTD=1.2

UTC=true

SupportLargeObjs=true

SupportNumberOfChanges=true

Ext=X-funambol-smartslow
this is the error message i have in the log of outlook.
2010-01-29 08:33:28 GMT +1:00 - # Funambol Outlook Sync Client v. 8.0.5 - LOG file
08:33:28 GMT +1:00 [INFO] -

************************** BEGIN of Synchronization session **************************

08:33:29 GMT +1:00 [DEBUG] - Synchronization URL: https://funambol.xxx.be:84/funambol/ds

08:33:29 GMT +1:00 [INFO] - Preparing synchronization of contact...

08:33:29 GMT +1:00 [INFO] - Preparing synchronization of appointment...

08:33:29 GMT +1:00 [INFO] - Preparing synchronization of task...

08:33:29 GMT +1:00 [INFO] - Preparing synchronization of note...

08:33:30 GMT +1:00 [INFO] - HttpSendRequest error 12045: The certificate authority is invalid or incorrect

08:33:30 GMT +1:00 [ERROR] - The certificate is invalid

08:33:30 GMT +1:00 [ERROR] - Error in preparing sync: The certificate is invalid

08:33:30 GMT +1:00 [INFO] -

============================================================

================ SYNCHRONIZATION REPORT ================

============================================================
SYNCHRONIZATION COMPLETED WITH ERRORS

-------------------------------------

Last error message = "The certificate is invalid"

Last error code = 2054
Contacts:

---------

Not synced.
Calendar:

---------

Not synced.
Tasks:

------

Not synced.
Notes:

------

Not synced.

08:33:30 GMT +1:00 [INFO] - Syncronization process completed with errors (code = 2054).
mlpicio

Outlook sync client

Post by mlpicio »

Thanks to everyone who participates in this forum. Nothing is more frustrating then things not working the first time you install them. Nice to know I'm not alone. Now that I got my Funambol connector to work with Zimbra, I though I'd share the installation guide I created for myself (or anyone else in my office) in the event I ever have to reinstall this again.
There is a section in the guide dealing with certificates. Hope this helps someone else. Once again, thanks for everyone's help.
funambol_zimbraconnector.pdf
raymondub

Outlook sync client

Post by raymondub »

thanks for the doc !

but is there any reason to explain that with the mobile it s working and not with outlook ?
mlpicio

Outlook sync client

Post by mlpicio »

It's because you were using Firefox when you accepted the certificate. Microsoft doesn't always play nice. Use Internet Explorer and install the certificate or use Firefox and go back to your site, https://funambol.pcf.be:8443/funambol/ds, and export and save the certificate file. Then select Start → Settings → Control Panel → Internet Options → Content → Certificates → Trusted Root Certification Authorities and Import the certificate you just saved. Your Outlook sync should work.
khans

Outlook sync client

Post by khans »

Hi!

I installed zimbra and funambol (for cellphone/outlook sync). And from docs seems that the only way to auth to funambol is add the same user and password as in Zimbra.

Is it possible for funambol to auth directly to zimbra?

It seems no brainer to write twice the same data (once in Zimbra, once in Funambol), and if user change password in zimbra, admin needs manually change password in funambol.

I hope somebody knows some solution for this problem.
Best Regards,

Hans
mlpicio

Outlook sync client

Post by mlpicio »

Your in luck; it IS a no brainier. I found it buried in section 9.3, Assigning the Officer for the Email Connection on page 39 of the Funambol version 8.0 Installation and Administration Guide. I have't tried it yet myself, LMK if it works for you!
Good Luck,

Mike
I really hate reading documentation.....
khans

Outlook sync client

Post by khans »

My bad :( ,again I read manual more carefully and I found out that users are created automatically during first connection. I tested it with just one account and it seems true. I'm not sure why all howtos write that it is necessary to create users in funambol. Before it didn't work for me because of problems with CN in ssl cert (I used IP, instead of DNS name).
I tested it with TB + Lightining + funambol plugin and it worked ok, except in calendar it created duplicates (I think double) for each entry. But this is probably just extension problem, or that I had TB, Zimbra Desktop and Web Interface opened in the same time (and got Out of RPC Cache error on Web UI).
Best Regards,

Hans
raymondub

Outlook sync client

Post by raymondub »

i reinstalled everything, outlook, funambol and it s working !

thx for your help !

[quote user="mlpicio"]It's because you were using Firefox when you accepted the certificate. Microsoft doesn't always play nice. Use Internet Explorer and install the certificate or use Firefox and go back to your site, https://funambol.xxx.be:84/funambol/ds" ... unambol/ds, and export and save the certificate file. Then select Start → Settings → Control Panel → Internet Options → Content → Certificates → Trusted Root Certification Authorities and Import the certificate you just saved. Your Outlook sync should work.[/QUOTE]
thanks a lot !

it works... almost...:)

My certificate is still in test and is invalid. But now i don t have anymore that error.

I have this one now:

2010-02-12 07:05:19 GMT +1:00 - # Funambol Outlook Sync Client v. 8.0.5 - LOG file
07:05:21 GMT +1:00 [INFO] -

************************** BEGIN of Synchronization session **************************

07:05:22 GMT +1:00 [DEBUG] - Synchronization URL: https://funambol.xxx.be:84/funambol/ds" ... unambol/ds

07:05:22 GMT +1:00 [INFO] - Preparing synchronization of appointment...

07:05:29 GMT +1:00 [ERROR] - COM Pointer Error. Code = 80004003: Pointeur non valide

07:05:30 GMT +1:00 [ERROR] - [UI] An unexpected exception has occurred!
i just saw it so i confess that i didnt have yet to search what it s.

thx

R.D.
adonis1976

Outlook sync client

Post by adonis1976 »

Grant, a quick question for you. I have Everything working. But unfortunately, the calendar events that i have on Zimbra doesnt get transfered to the handheld. It says it is receiving but i dont see anything on the BB calendar. Any idea?