Attempting to use Outlook 2007 32-bit and Windows 7 64-bit

Ask your questions and get help with Zimbra's Outlook Connector.
jbuell

Post by jbuell »

Our IT department is trying to move to newer laptops, and that includes Windows 7 64-bit. Until now I'd been running Windows XP 32-bit. We're still on ZCS 5.0.26, with the 5.0.24 version of the ZCO. I was able to install Outlook and the ZCO, and re-connect to two calendars that I had access to, but there's a third that allows a connection, but won't display any "appointments" no matter what I do. It's a calendar that displays who has time off and is out of the office on what days, controlled by our HR department.
I've tried checking the registry, I tried:

regsvr32 /u /s SharingAddin.dll

regsvr32 /s SharingAddin.dll

I have also gone so far as to uninstall Outlook, uninstall the ZCO, reinstall Outlook, re-apply all patches and updates, and reinstall the ZCO. That didn't help. I revoked my rights from the calendar and restored them, and that didn't do anything either. The only "hint" I'm getting is in the Zimbra Send/Receive Progress - Synchronizing fails with "Unknown failure".
Any ideas? Other than upgrade to ZCS 6 or 7, which is in our plans, but wasn't going to happen just yet....
xeon
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member

Post by xeon »

Best thing you can do since you are not going to upgrade to the latest versions is to enable logging and take a look for errors.
jbuell

Post by jbuell »

Which logs in particular should I be looking at?
fsiegel
Zimbra Alumni
Zimbra Alumni

Post by fsiegel »

These would be zco logs. Use ZCOLogCtl to enable logging and http logging. But I don't think we support 64 bit with version 5. I think that started in 6. We're now at 7.1. I think it's time to upgrade.
jbuell

Post by jbuell »

Ah ha! Ok, thanks. Yeah if our database development team quits breaking things, we'll have the time to transfer the mail system off of the XServe and onto a Linux box.