MYOB sending invoices via ZCO fails

Ask your questions and get help with Zimbra's Outlook Connector.
nycticebus

Post by nycticebus »

Hi,
At the company I work for we are using ZCO on Windows 2008 R2 (as a terminal server) with Outlook 2010 SP1 32-bit. The terminal server is only used by 4 or 5 staff members at once, the rest use desktops. The server and the connector are both at 7.1.2, the server is running on Ubuntu 10.04 64-bit.
When I try to send invoice emails directly from MYOB, it launches Outlook in the background plus the Zimbra connector. The first invoice will send successfully, all subsequent emails (until MYOB and Outlook are restarted) fail to send. I get the following failure notice in my Outlook inbox (but not in my Zimbra inbox):
[QUOTE]Error: This message could not be sent.

Subject: Invoice #01234567; From (redacted company name)

To: (redacted email address)

Note: Error processing the message. Please recreate and resend the message.

[/QUOTE]
The failed emails appear in the Outlook AND Zimbra Web Client "Sent" folders, but they have definitely not been sent. I've attached the log files generated by the connector - the email sent at 15:31 was sent successfully, the email sent at 15:32 was not. Can anyone help?
zco-20110912T153129.885-Myobp.exe-8988.log
zco-20110912T153135.805-OUTLOOK.EXE-10028.log
zco-20110912T153215.717-OUTLOOK.EXE-7144.log
dave_kempe
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member

Post by dave_kempe »

Hey there.

We have had similar problems in the past, and I feel it is starting to resurface with some profiles again.

We already fixed this bug:

Bug 48276 – MYOB Crashes when ZCO is used

and its probably related. Essentially MYOB uses a dud way to send emails through outlook, and they aren't going to fix that in a hurry. I suggest you lodge a bug and work with Zimbra on this. We have had a couple of customers report it recently.
The workaround we suggest is to install pdf creator, and print to PDF and email from there. You don't get the MYOB email address, so depending on how accurate your address book is, that can be annoying.
Happy to chat with you about it, feel free to give me a call at my office if you want to discuss it (I assume you are in Australia). Your logs reveal your server name and username btw.
Sometimes, it works by deleting the outlook profile from the mail control panel thingo, and setting it up again. That can fix it. making sure you have all the service packs for office can fix it too. or try remove the profile, remove the connector, reinstall the connector and resetup the profiles. In a terminal server this is of course messy.
fsiegel
Zimbra Alumni
Zimbra Alumni

Post by fsiegel »

There was also bug 52442, which I would have figured would have fixed all of this. That should be in 7.1.2. Not sure what is going on yet.
xeon
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member

Post by xeon »

Seems similar to this bug:

Bug 64263 – ZCO email fails to send when using 3rd party applications
Just started with 7.1.2 connector. Worked fine with previous versions with the registry addition of SyncDisabledProcesses.
fsiegel
Zimbra Alumni
Zimbra Alumni

Post by fsiegel »

Yes -- sounds like a regression. We'll look into it.
nycticebus

Post by nycticebus »

Thank you everyone for your help, I'll keep track of the bug reports.
xeon
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member

Post by xeon »

[quote user="xeon"]Seems similar to this bug:

Bug 64263 – ZCO email fails to send when using 3rd party applications
Just started with 7.1.2 connector. Worked fine with previous versions with the registry addition of SyncDisabledProcesses.[/QUOTE]

Looks like they have this resolved in 7.1.3 when released.