Zimlet to access Attachment

Interested in talking about Mash-up's? This is the place.
1125Pankaj

Post by 1125Pankaj »

Hi,

Can anybody help me with the most convenient way to implement the below requirement.

I recieve mails with attachment( application fxed length files) and I have an application which is used to generate the reports. Can I build a zimlet to invoke the application using say a hyperlink beside the attacment and how do I integrate my application to access the attachment ?

Can I use Zimbra desktop to implement and test the above functionality ??

Thanks

Pankaj
rrao
Zimbra Alumni
Zimbra Alumni

Post by rrao »

You can implement a zimlet that allows drag-drop of mail onto your Zimlet. Then grab the attachments from the mail and finally post it to your application.

Check out 'Contact Collector' com_zimbra_contactcollector in gallery.zimbra.com. That zimlet grabs sender's email and adds it to Addressbook and you can do something along that lines. But, you will have to do http get to post to your application.
1125Pankaj

Post by 1125Pankaj »

Thanks for the response.
I was looking on the lines of yflickr to implement where I display the "view report" hyperlink on the lines of "upload flickr". when we see a attachment of specific type. Is this possible ?
Looking at API, We can figure out if a msg or conversation has attachment or not, but how can we grab the attachment(s). Can you please help with a snippet of code or point to a source, where I could get help from.

Thanks,

Pankaj
rrao
Zimbra Alumni
Zimbra Alumni

Post by rrao »

check out email_2_doc (compatible with 6.x and perhaps 5.0.13) that converts emails to documents. and while doing that it grabs all the attachments.
jerryboi
Advanced member
Advanced member

Post by jerryboi »

I can't find mail_2_doc in the zimlet galery. Is there somewhere else I should be looking?
uxbod
Ambassador
Ambassador

Post by uxbod »

Have a look under /opt/zimbra/zimlets.
mmorse
Ambassador
Ambassador

Post by mmorse »

Email-2-Doc : Zimbra Gallery (5.0.14+) DL link is on the right & will also be bundled in your servers /opt/zimbra/zimlets-extra