Zimlet to clear AutoComplete cache for user ?

Interested in talking about Mash-up's? This is the place.
liverpoolfcfan
Elite member
Elite member

Post by liverpoolfcfan »

Thank you.
I can see that there is metadata stored in there under my original userid
myaccount@zimbra.company.country
However, when I make the same select using my up-to-date userid
myaccount@mycompany.country
I get no data returned.
1. Is that because the mailbox record got set up originally with the zimbra. userid, and that was populated into the comment field ? The account is still the same - its Domain name just changed - but the comment never got changed when I renamed the domain - Is that right ?
2. I can see the old format addresses in the metadata. Is there a way to safely delete them ? Can I delete the contents of the a.metadata column, and if I do will it just start fresh collecting data again ?
Thanks,

Vincent
Rich Graves
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member

Post by Rich Graves »

The root cause of this was found in Bug 40081 - Unable to get rid of emailed contact which per Bug 43772 - Autocomplete / Emailed contacts error only became public on January 8th.
There is a workaround; see last comment to 40081.
jurness
Advanced member
Advanced member

Post by jurness »

[quote user="Rich Graves"]The root cause of this was found in Bug 40081 - Unable to get rid of emailed contact which per Bug 43772 - Autocomplete / Emailed contacts error only became public on January 8th.
There is a workaround; see last comment to 40081.[/QUOTE]
Can you mention which comment you are referring to? That bug has a lot of action going on.
phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

Post by phoenix »

[quote user="jurness"]Can you mention which comment you are referring to? That bug has a lot of action going on.[/QUOTE]I would have thought it was this: [quote user="Rich Graves"]There is a workaround; see last comment to 40081.[/QUOTE]
Regards

Bill

Rspamd: A high performance spamassassin replacement

Per ardua ad astra
cayaraa
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member
ZCS/ZD Version: ZCS 8 NE & ZCS 8 FOSS

Post by cayaraa »

There is more info about this problem found here:

The">http://www.zimbra.com/forums/administra ... post170681
The quick answer is to set this for a few days (two weeks?):

zmprov ma user@domain.com zimbraContactRankingTableSize 0

After the phantom accounts are gone from autocompelte set it back to 40.
jurness
Advanced member
Advanced member

Post by jurness »

[quote user="cayaraa"]There is more info about this problem found here:

The">http://www.zimbra.com/forums/administra ... post170681
The quick answer is to set this for a few days (two weeks?):

zmprov ma user@domain.com zimbraContactRankingTableSize 0

After the phantom accounts are gone from autocompelte set it back to 40.[/QUOTE]
In the bug report it mentions 2 days to clear out the caching but after waiting 48 hours I am still seeing old email addresses in the webclient. I verified that none of the email addresses were in my zimbra account calendars and obviously this is not coming from the GAL since this is all about a zimbra domainname change from a test to production domain name.
Bummer that I need to wait two weeks. Is there anything more definitive here than two days or two weeks? (which is kinda not that definitive...)
John Munro

Post by John Munro »

Following the closure of Bug 40081 – Unable to get rid of emailed contact this is still happening for us on 6.0.9 NE despite the entry not being in the address book. Perhaps due to a corrupt entry in the metadata field:

(sanitized)

[QUOTE]...ntag1:ri69e1:ti1290662525228ee19:sss@domain.ac.jpd1:n122:Dr. Michael SSS", aaa@domain.ac.jp, ggg@domain.ac.jp, "Alexander GGG" , "Edda KKK1:ri12e1:ti1290668940981ee36:taka...[/QUOTE]
This produces the following JSON AutoCompleteResponse when autocompleting 'sz':

[QUOTE]"Dr. Michael SSS", aaa@domain.ac.jp, ggg@domain.ac.jp, "Alexander GGG" , "Edda KKKKKK" [/QUOTE]
Clicking the 'Remove' link results in a message saying:

The ranking of address ggg@domain.ac.jp has been reset. Addresses are ranked based on how often you have sent to them.
However it is sss@domain.ac.jp that needs to be removed!
We have set:

zmprov ma problem_account zimbraContactRankingTableSize 0

for four days now without the metadata being cleared out.
I wish to clear this up quickly so I need to confirm the correct mysql UPDATE command to zero out the metadata field.
From comment 11 in Bug 43772 - Autocomplete / Emailed contacts error the table structure is:
*************************** 1. row ***************************

Field: mailbox_id

Type: int(10) unsigned

Null: NO

Key: PRI

Default: 0

Extra:

*************************** 2. row ***************************

Field: section

Type: varchar(64)

Null: NO

Key: PRI

Default:

Extra:

*************************** 3. row ***************************

Field: metadata

Type: mediumtext

Null: YES

Key:

Default: NULL

Extra:
The SELECT command is:

su - zimbra

mysql

SELECT metadata FROM zimbra.mailbox_metadata WHERE mailbox_id=44 AND section='CONTACT_RANKINGS';
After some testing on a test server, the following seems to work:

UPDATE zimbra.mailbox_metadata SET metadata='' WHERE mailbox_id=44 AND section='CONTACT_RANKINGS';

Of course the mailbox_id needs to match the id of the problem mailbox. The mailbox_id can be found with:

zmprov gmi problem_child@domain.com
This does seem to zero out the appropriate data in the rankings and new data seems to be correctly added to it upon subsequent email sending.
However, I am concerned about any possible side effects (i.e. indexes out of sync) of directly modifying the data. Can anyone comment?
John Munro

Post by John Munro »

6 days now after setting zimbraContactRankingTableSize to zero and the ranking table has not been reset...

zmprov ma problem_account zimbraContactRankingTableSize 0
cayaraa
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member
ZCS/ZD Version: ZCS 8 NE & ZCS 8 FOSS

Post by cayaraa »

[quote user="John Munro"]6 days now after setting zimbraContactRankingTableSize to zero and the ranking table has not been reset...

zmprov ma problem_account zimbraContactRankingTableSize 0[/QUOTE]
Back when I used the 0 table size it took two weeks to clear it out. I hadn't had to think about this because we've been on 6.0.7 which didn't have the ranking table....upgraded to 6.0.9 and now I'm seeing it again.....and this new forget link doesn't seem to be removing anything from the ranking table. I guess it just moves it so that its at the bottom of the list?
I love having an un-editable "address book"....
John Munro

Post by John Munro »

It's been two weeks and the data still hasn't been cleared out of the ranking table so I have bitten the bullet and implemented my hack above. Will keep all informed if I come across any side-effects.

su - zimbra

zmprov gmi problem_child@domain.com # to get

mysql

UPDATE zimbra.mailbox_metadata SET metadata='' WHERE mailbox_id= AND section='CONTACT_RANKINGS';