Asterisk UC Integration

Interested in talking about Mash-up's? This is the place.
50asm

Asterisk UC Integration

Post by 50asm »

Zimbra 8 looks great! I really like the new "Voice" tab for unified communications with Cisco and Mitel but unfortunately I do not see anything out there for Asterisk.:( Does anyone know if this is beeing worked on by anybody?
Thanks in advance!
LoneCrowe

Asterisk UC Integration

Post by LoneCrowe »

[quote user="50asm"]Zimbra 8 looks great! I really like the new "Voice" tab for unified communications with Cisco and Mitel but unfortunately I do not see anything out there for Asterisk.:( Does anyone know if this is beeing worked on by anybody?
Thanks in advance![/QUOTE]
This requires a bump. I'd like to know too. :confused:
phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

Asterisk UC Integration

Post by phoenix »

[quote user="LoneCrowe"]This requires a bump. I'd like to know too. :confused:[/QUOTE]Search bugzilla for details of the voice documentation for 3rd party extensibility or search the forums for details of the Developers SDK for UC or even the ZCS 8 beta documentation for the Admin & user guide for voice - that's what's currently available otherwise you'll have to wait for the ZCS 8 GA release.
Regards

Bill

Rspamd: A high performance spamassassin replacement

Per ardua ad astra
50asm

Asterisk UC Integration

Post by 50asm »

[quote user="10330phoenix"]Search bugzilla for details of the voice documentation for 3rd party extensibility or search the forums for details of the Developers SDK for UC or even the ZCS 8 beta documentation for the Admin & user guide for voice - that's what's currently available otherwise you'll have to wait for the ZCS 8 GA release.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, already did that. It says that its possible it integrate 3rd party systems, but I'm no programmer, that's why I'm asking the question.
LoneCrowe

Asterisk UC Integration

Post by LoneCrowe »

[quote user="50asm"]Yeah, already did that. It says that its possible it integrate 3rd party systems, but I'm no programmer, that's why I'm asking the question.[/QUOTE]
Looks like it just comes with an SDK for programmers to integrate into other programs. There is no real user friendly interface to tie into other systems. We'll have to wait for someone to make a zimlet or some form of add on to allow their voice feature to tie into 3rd party UC's.
beable

Asterisk UC Integration

Post by beable »

this is an easy way to integrate Zimbra 8 with Asterisk:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3B64uwX0gjw
50asm

Asterisk UC Integration

Post by 50asm »

[quote user="beable"]this is an easy way to integrate Zimbra 8 with Asterisk:

Great! I will give this a try. Thank you!