Attachment munging when importing from exchange or pst

Looking to migrate to ZCS? Ask here. Got a great tip or script that helped you migrate? Post it here.
vjt

Post by vjt »

Hi,
Zimbra rocks! I hope it will help me shut down some exchange servers :).
I've installed the open source version first and the network version later (4.5.5) into an i386 ubuntu 6.06 chroot of an amd64 ubuntu 7.04 clean installation. The install process went smoothly, and afterwards all the services were up.
The two exchange migration tools both import all the messages from a test exchange server running in a vmware VM on the same box, but while all the text is okay, every attachment is munged.
The server logs show only a correct message addition:
mailbox - Added message id=296 digest=Gu15iqTsQd5Lu73szytjMplfuYg= mailbox=3 rcpt=:API:
It is a known issue? Where I should start in order to debug it? Attached example raw messages and decoded images.
TIA :).
marcello
bad.gif
bad.txt
good.gif
good.txt
15539sam
Zimbra Alumni
Zimbra Alumni

Post by 15539sam »

can you take one of the bad msgs in exchange, save it in a pst and upload it here?
vjt

Post by vjt »

Hi sam, thanks for your response.
I've uploaded via IMAP, using KMail, from the Zimbra server to Exchange a message containing two munged attachments, and I've saved the whole mailbox into a .PST file using outlook 2003 on a Wxp VM. It's attached :).
marcello
brokenattachments.zip
734manish

Post by 734manish »

Bug 16815 was logged for this issue.
It is fixed now. The fix will appear in all later releases.
vjt

Post by vjt »

thank you for the fix, manish.
can you please suggest me a way to obtain the fixed importer? i would like to show the ZCS to a potential customer, and the corrupted attachments are a blocker.
but, if a new release is imminent, I'll just wait. :).
thanks again
15539sam
Zimbra Alumni
Zimbra Alumni

Post by 15539sam »

we're verifying the build right now. Once verified, we'll put the binaries on the support portal and update the downloads on sourceforge. Ill update this post when that happens.
vjt

Post by vjt »

Hi sam, thanks for your continued support.
Do you have news regarding this issue? I saw on bugzilla that the ZCSMigWiz-4.5.5_GA_866 version is not affected by the CR/LF conversion bug, do you have any means of providing me this importer package?
Sorry for being obsessive :) but migrating this customer away from exchange and w2003 has been my secret dream for 2 years now.. and, as of today, only the fixed importer could help me in realizing it :).
Thanks again,
Marcello
15539sam
Zimbra Alumni
Zimbra Alumni

Post by 15539sam »

I pinged our support team to make the latest wizard available. If you need it right away please contact them. If you can hang on it will be available from the support portal and we'll update the sourceforge bits as well.
15133Sard

Post by 15133Sard »

I appear to be having a similar issue with the Open Source version.
I migrated my .pst mailboxes over and all appeared well until I tried opening attachments. A few of them appear to be ok but the majority are corrupt.
Is there an updated Migration Wizard accessible to OS users?
Thanks
Sard