zimbra to zimbra account migration

Looking to migrate to ZCS? Ask here. Got a great tip or script that helped you migrate? Post it here.
cciardi

Post by cciardi »

I'm hosting abc.com on my ZCS 5.0.2 server. One of my clients decided their going to need their own ZCS server. Migrating via IMAP should be without issue. My question is,
Would each Zimbra user web configurations/contact list be carried over if I migrated all thier current folders via IMAPsync?
15442anteos

Post by 15442anteos »

No, you can't move calendar and addressbook using imapsync. Instead you can use the backup and recovery tool to migrate users from a Zimbra server to another.
Rich Graves
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member

Post by Rich Graves »

[quote user="cciardi"]I'm hosting abc.com on my ZCS 5.0.2 server.[/QUOTE]
OSS or NE?
If NE, then (expanding on anteos suggestion) zmbackup -f the accounts to move, copy the sessions/full-XXXXX directory to new server for def.com, temporarily createDomain abc.com on the def.com server, and either renameAccount or renameDomain from abc.com to def.com. Then delete the abc.com domain on the def.com server -- if you forget to do that, then def can't send mail to abc.
If OSS on either server, imapsync the mail and REST the contacts/calendars/tasks (see migration in wiki). When migrating calendars you must do something like perl -i -p -e 's/@abc.com/@def.com/g' *.ics
JetteroHeller

Post by JetteroHeller »

Can one do this just with individual accounts? I.e. if one wanted to move a select 30 accounts over to a different server? Or, would one just (or could one just) move over a domain from one Zimbra server to another?
bjared
Advanced member
Advanced member

Post by bjared »

[quote user="JetteroHeller"]Can one do this just with individual accounts? I.e. if one wanted to move a select 30 accounts over to a different server? Or, would one just (or could one just) move over a domain from one Zimbra server to another?[/QUOTE]
According to the --help output of zmbackup, It appears you can specify multiple addresses, separated by spaces.
i.e. zmbackup -f -a "abc@domain.com def@domain.com ghi@domain.com" *** EDIT: NOT CORRECT ***
2010-03-10 EDIT: Do not use quotes. I just tried this, and it failed, and a search brought me here. (Funny, no?) Anyway, it appears that you can use multiple addresses following the -a option, but the quotes break it. Now, whether the list can be followed by another option ... I'm not sure. It'd be nice to have one more example on the documentation showing how multiple addresses can be backed up, and if another option (like -s server.domain.com) can follow the list.
--Brian