unable to logon to profile when using PST importer

Looking to migrate to ZCS? Ask here. Got a great tip or script that helped you migrate? Post it here.
16242ryanp

Post by 16242ryanp »

Hello,
I'm attempting to import a user's Outlook.PST file using the PST importer, and I am receiving a "unable to logon to profile" error. Any idea what causes this?
Thanks!
oneupweb

Post by oneupweb »

Did you ever figure out why you could not import your PST files? I have a new install of Zimbra 6.0.4 and have the same issue. I'm thinking it may be because I had exported the mail from Outlook 2007, but not sure.
16242ryanp

Post by 16242ryanp »

Honestly don't remember as this was so long ago. Sorry!
oneupweb

Post by oneupweb »

[quote user="16242ryanp"]Honestly don't remember as this was so long ago. Sorry![/QUOTE]

OK. Thanks for the quick reply.
fsiegel
Zimbra Alumni
Zimbra Alumni

Post by fsiegel »

Send a log file and we can take a look
oneupweb

Post by oneupweb »

Since this PST file was created on a system that had Outlook 2007 installed, I think it had a problem with the import on a system with only Outlook 2003. I tried from a system with 2007 and it worked (kinda). As it imported it hit a limit of 7 errors and/or 2 warnings. Is there something to change that I can increase this threshhold?
oneupweb

Post by oneupweb »

[quote user="oneupweb"]Since this PST file was created on a system that had Outlook 2007 installed, I think it had a problem with the import on a system with only Outlook 2003. I tried from a system with 2007 and it worked (kinda). As it imported it hit a limit of 7 errors and/or 2 warnings. Is there something to change that I can increase this threshhold?[/QUOTE]
I added the ErrorThreshold to the registry, but I still get the same results. I have used 0 and a few other numbers, but it never goes past more than 7 errors. I am using ZCSPSTImportWizard-6.0.4_GA_2038.exe for the import. The registry setting does not seem to be read.
fsiegel
Zimbra Alumni
Zimbra Alumni

Post by fsiegel »

You added ErrorThreshold to HKCUSoftwareimbra? That should work. With no value there, the default should be 3. If it doesn't work, it's a bug.
oneupweb

Post by oneupweb »

I added it to the HKCUSoftwareimbraPSTMigration key. I'll try in the Zimbra key.
fsiegel
Zimbra Alumni
Zimbra Alumni

Post by fsiegel »

That's why. PSTMigration is not the right place.