Nokia E52 Zimbra

Take your Zimbra with you!
phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

Nokia E52 Zimbra

Post by phoenix »

[quote user="1739miguel"]It's implicit in the talks in this thread that everybody is talking about NE and MFE and I mentioned 6.0.6 as you and everybody can read..[/QUOTE]It's not 'implicit' in anything, if you have a problem you should post the details if you're asking for help on the forums and posting a 'me too' doesn't help anyone.
[quote user="1739miguel"]Try by yourself, instead of rounding the problems with this kind of answers,[/QUOTE]I have tried it and it works on an E72 & MFE without problems - that's why I'm asking for more information.
[quote user="1739miguel"]do something for your paying customers instead of telling them to go vote on bugs. We pay for something, isn't it?[/QUOTE]That kind of comment is totally unnecessary.
You haven't even given information about which release of Zimbra is in use, please update your forum profile with the output of the following command (do not post it in this thread):
zmcontrol -v
Regards

Bill

Rspamd: A high performance spamassassin replacement

Per ardua ad astra
1739miguel
Advanced member
Advanced member

Nokia E52 Zimbra

Post by 1739miguel »

You say it works for you.. Could the problem be related to the firmware version of the nokia phone then? There is nothing in sync.log when we try to send e-mail. The phone just says it can't send. I know there's a new firmware 31.023 which we can't install for now due to operator restrications. We have 021.024
Thanks
jonathan74

Nokia E52 Zimbra

Post by jonathan74 »

Hi Guys
Here is a brief synopsis of the problem:
Nokia E51 / E71 works fine. Mail can be recieved and sent no problem
Nokia E52 / E72 / E75. Mail can be recieved, folder sync works. Mail cannot be sent. The request does not even make it to the sync log becuase it fails on the device before that process even starts.
See attached quote from a mail received in January from zimbra support

"The sync.log shows that the E52 that does not work is not sending the Cmd=SendMail response, indicating that it's attempting to send a message. The absence of this means that ZCS has no way of knowing that it's attempting to send a message (whether the device is not actually attempting, or the attempt is somehow being lost along the way I can't be sure), and therefore the message is never sent. This is a device issue and not something that we will be able to fix. You will need to contact your vendor and see if there is a patch available or some way to troubleshoot further.

Tony Publiski

Zimbra Support"
Tony is not completey wrong, but, I have been down the road of asking Nokia tech suport in South africa to assist and even release a patch allowing a downgrade to older MFE versions. Apparently not possible!
The main issue as I understand it is that The Nokia device tries to put the outbound mail into an outbox, under the Zimbra profile on the phone an outbox does not exist, therefore sending fails before any logging takes place. The solution would be to have an outbox on the phone based Zimbra mailbox. I even tried creating one and syncing it but it does not work.
HTC Hero / Tattoo (only android phones i have tested so far) both fail on send as well. But I believe that something is actually logged in the sync.log here. I understand this is logged as bug #38854. This can be overcome using an app called Touchdown, but is a bit steep at $19 per user.
So far I have only tested up to 6.0.5, and i am waiting a week or so more till I have heard of no problems with the patched version of 6.0.6.
My understanding from reading recent posts is that 6.0.6 does not solve the issue.
I have been communicating about this problem since Dec 2009. Getting this issue fixed would be a massive win in terms of the support I am able to offer my 150 users.
Thanks
1739miguel
Advanced member
Advanced member

Nokia E52 Zimbra

Post by 1739miguel »

I would like to know how phoenix is able to send e-mail "I have tried it and it works on my E72 & MFE without problems" when no one else is able then..
jonathan74

Nokia E52 Zimbra

Post by jonathan74 »

Found a user with an E72 this morning. Sending does not work with an E72.
All other functionality (incoming mail, calendar, folders) is fine except for sending.
manus

Nokia E52 Zimbra

Post by manus »

Same problem here.

Both Zimbra and Nokia client have been updated to the latest version.

My feeling, like many others, is that this is not working due to missing "Outbox" folder. Nokia client needs this folder to send.
17315GWilliams
Advanced member
Advanced member

Nokia E52 Zimbra

Post by 17315GWilliams »

Hi Guys,
I've just been informed that one of my clients is unable to send mail using his Nokia E72 with Mail for Exchange... We are running ZCS 6.0.6 NE, which is supposed to have solved the issue expressed in this forum. Has there been any recent development or a solution to not being able to send mail via MFE on a Nokia E72?
Thank you.

Grant
1739miguel
Advanced member
Advanced member

Nokia E52 Zimbra

Post by 1739miguel »

I would like to know to.. I doubt this happens MFE Microsoft Exchange.. Some heads would be rolling somewhere.. It's a shame how no one comes with a valid answer to this, how this is being ignored.. What kind of support do we have? "It works for me".... was the only answer from zimbra staff we can see in here. And this is not a general feature of zcs.. It's only on the NE, so who complains is who pay...
manus

Nokia E52 Zimbra

Post by manus »

A customer of ours with almost 100 users decided to dump Zimbra and move to Microsoft Exchange. Too bad :(

Just because of this phone email issue.
1739miguel
Advanced member
Advanced member

Nokia E52 Zimbra

Post by 1739miguel »

Who cares about 100 users? They have 55 millions and counting (they say..)