Bidirectional sync with Google Calendar?

Questions, comments, and problems with Zimbra on Apple desktops & general CalDAV / CardDAV questions.
DJMcIntyre

Post by DJMcIntyre »

Now that Google Calendar provides CalDAV support, how would I configure a calendar share to support bidirectional updates with Zimbra? Currently, I use the private iCal link provided by Google as a subscribed calendar in Zimbra and a Zimbra shared URL as an external calendar in Google, which works well for display only, but it would be far more useful to allow updates from either interface.
stephenfleming

Post by stephenfleming »

Just a bump to say this is exactly what I want, too, and I hope someone notices and answers this!
Happy Thanksgiving...
353gregor
Advanced member
Advanced member

Post by 353gregor »

hi,
any news about bidirectional google calendar sync?
gregor
LudoA

Post by LudoA »

Very interested in this as well. Any plans to do this?
NotStiller

Post by NotStiller »

[quote user="DJMcIntyre"]Now that Google Calendar provides CalDAV support, how would I configure a calendar share to support bidirectional updates with Zimbra? Currently, I use the private iCal link provided by Google as a subscribed calendar in Zimbra and a Zimbra shared URL as an external calendar in Google, which works well for display only, but it would be far more useful to allow updates from either interface.[/QUOTE]
Can you explain exactly how you configured subscribed calendar and shared it for display in Zimbra. I've been trying to do this without making my calendar 100% public.
quietas
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member

Post by quietas »

I too would like to figure this out. If there was a way to sync Google calendars with Zimbra bidirectionally, I would be able to use my Gmail account as a hub to most of my mail and calendaring for both home and work without having to sync my iphone to my work systems.
marshall1727

Post by marshall1727 »

still missing that
gnosbush

Post by gnosbush »

I've been looking into this a little bit and I think a zimlet could be developed that could sync the two. I am willing to work on this however I have never developed a zimlet before. Is there anyone who has that would be willing to work with me on this project?
mlanner
Advanced member
Advanced member

Post by mlanner »

Hi,
If you want to see Zimbra-Google Calendar CalDAV integration, please vote for this Request For Enhancement (RFE):
Bug 39402 – CalDAV functionality with Google Calendar
P.S. gnobush, if you're still looking into creating a Zimlet and have ideas of how to achieve it, I'm willing to assist. (A disclaimer, though: I've never written a Zimlet before.) If so, PM me.
gnosbush

Post by gnosbush »

[QUOTE]P.S. gnobush, if you're still looking into creating a Zimlet and have ideas of how to achieve it, I'm willing to assist. (A disclaimer, though: I've never written a Zimlet before.) If so, PM me.[/QUOTE]
Thanks, I will let you know. I'm currently working on trying to get Funambol to accomplish this which would be easier than creating a Zimlet. I'm trying to set it up to use the Zimbra connector, Google connector, and STS to link the two together. Has anyone else tried this and been successful?