Zimbra 8 <-> iOS, shared cals

Questions, comments, and problems with Zimbra on Apple desktops & general CalDAV / CardDAV questions.
Andre81

Post by Andre81 »

[quote user="myriad"]Unfortunately we are with 01 so I can't edit the files on their server.[/QUOTE]
What's 01?
MaSch

Post by MaSch »

Yes, for me this problem still exists in Release 8.0.4.GA.5737.UBUNTU12.64 UBUNTU12_64 FOSS edition.Shared calendars from User B's can not be written to from user A, who has imported the share from User B, even though he has appropriate rights (Manager).

It works in the Zimbra Web Interface, but not from IOS or Android devices ...
len.1235

Post by len.1235 »

I found that the following steps got shared calendars working on Zimbra 8.0.4 paired with an iPhone running iOS 7:
1.) On your device, double click the home button and end the calendar task by firing it towards the top of the screen.
2.) On your desktop Zimbra, Go to the Preferences-Calendar settings and UN-CHECK "Enable delegation for Apple iCal CalDAV client".
3.) Return to your device and start the calendar app. Wait for the spinning activity circle to complete. At this point, you should be able to see

the shared calendars. You will not, however, be able to edit them. Verify this is the case.
4.) Return to your device, double click the home button and end the calendar task by firing it towards the top of the screen.
5.) Return to your desktop Zimbra, Go to the Preferences-Calendar settings and RE-CHECK "Enable delegation for Apple iCal CalDAV client".
6.) Return to your device and start the calendar app. Wait for the spinning activity circle to complete. At this point, you should be able to see

and edit the shared calendars. Verify this is the case.
Notes: By desktop Zimbra, I just mean Zimbra running on a standard web browser. The shared calendars seem to only appear when the Enable Delegation feature is disabled. However, you can only edit them if the feature is enabled. So, you disable the feature to get them initally loaded, and then enable the feature to get them editable. Hopefully you don't add new shared calendars that often. I saw a post on Stanford University's IT site that claimed this was an Apple iCAL client issue (They were running 8.0.4 as well at the time of this post).
apatosaur.9

Post by apatosaur.9 »

The post quoted below helped me to get shared Address Books working via WebDAV/CardDAV in Evolution (Linux mail/calendar client)

I am going to paraphrase to explain the below in a way that made more sense to me:
user1@maildoma.in has addressbook called CompanyContacts

and wishes to share it with user2@maildoma.in

After user1 has created the share, user2 can access the shared calendar via the following url

Note">https://zimbra.maildoma.in/dav/user1@ma ... nyContacts
Note: The username and password to authenticate with will be user2@maildoma.in even though the path refers to user1
[quote user="Andre81"]Hi @ all,
Another things, I've tested all type of url with caldav, and the behaviour is very crazy...

i.e, in order to work with lightning (thunderbird plugin) i have to use this url:

[/QUOTE">https://ip_zimbra_server/dav/user_with_shared_calendar@domain_of_user/shared_calendar
[/QUOTE]