iCal and Zimbra 8 is having loads of problems

Questions, comments, and problems with Zimbra on Apple desktops & general CalDAV / CardDAV questions.
dosch

Post by dosch »

mainly shared calendars don't appear on iOS devices, but more importantly; shared calendars are no longer editable by others...
Any news on a great manual or bugfix to get this going again?
dosch

Post by dosch »

ok, what I figured out so far: The whole delegation option in preferences just does;t work.
When checked (on) shared calenders no longer appear on iOS devices and in iCal on 10.8.2.

When unchecked (off) shared calenders do appear in both iOS and iCal on OSX10.8.2 but have only viewing access... also when the permissions are set to manager or admin.
Any solution to this would be highly appreciated!
hewbert007

Post by hewbert007 »

I'm having the same issues (I think).
After upgrading to 8, my users can no longer edit shared calendars over CalDAV - even when they're set as administrators for said calendars.
Until upgrading to 8, I had zero issues with this. I never had to mess with the iCal delegation or any of that.
I was hoping 8.0.2 would resolve this, but no such luck. Any ideas here?
It may be worth mentioning, we switched from the Network Edition to the Open Source edition at the same time as upgrading to 8, but I didn't see in the documentation where CalDAV write access was a commercial feature.
MACscr
Advanced member
Advanced member

Post by MACscr »

Did you guys figure anything out? I am in the same boat and running the Network Edition.
mfehr
Advanced member
Advanced member

Post by mfehr »

I know what you're talking about... - I had the same issue and documented it here:
Hope">http://www.zimbra.com/forums/caldav-car ... -cals.html
Hope this helps
myriad
Advanced member
Advanced member
ZCS/ZD Version: Zimbra 9.0.0_ZEXTRAS_20211118.FOSS

Post by myriad »

Our iCal shares are now permanently broken on our companies calendars after 01's upgrade to Zimbra 8. Looks like we will have to look for another email supplier if ZImbra can't fix this problem PDQ.
Brelmoi

Post by Brelmoi »

[quote user="myriad"]Our iCal shares are now permanently broken on our companies calendars after 01's upgrade to Zimbra 8. Looks like we will have to look for another email supplier if ZImbra can't fix this problem PDQ.[/QUOTE]

We've been using Zimbra for 5 years now and are on V.8 but the CalDAV/CardDAV portion desperately needs help and is pretty much useless to us as an Outlook shop. Although we weren't looking or planning to spend money on a a third party plugin initially, I have found one which works perfectly for us it's called the WebDAV Collaborator.

Hope this is helpful to other Outlook users. Also hoping Zimbra can solve this issue or find a way to subsidize these purchases for its users.
Brel