RBL error

Discuss your pilot or production implementation with other Zimbra admins or our engineers.
rameshparvathaneni

RBL error

Post by rameshparvathaneni »

Hi
I am using Zimbra open soure 5.0.16 server with RBL 's like CBL and spahouse, it was working fine all of sudden server started rejecting each and every external mails from yaho , google and Stamping Internal mails as SPM,BLACKLISTED local users mails because of RBL sites like cbl and spamhouse , though all those domains or IPs were not present in RBL sites , then I removed all RBL MTA restrictions
If I apply RBL restrictions in global settings MTA it will start rejecting all external mails from yahoo google sometimes it even rejects internal mails.
I also tried with Kaspersky anti Spam it gives the same result
Please help me out how to fix this.
uxbod
Ambassador
Ambassador

RBL error

Post by uxbod »

Without seeing what is happening eg. extracts from /var/log/zimbra.log it is difficult to ascertain what is happening. Have you made any other changes ie. added blacklistings or greylisting ?
rajeshkodali
Advanced member
Advanced member

RBL error

Post by rajeshkodali »

Hi,
Can you check RBL from your server

eg: $host -t a 208.43.79.236.xen.spamhaus.org
i.e if you want to check bl.spamcop.net for an ip x.x.x.x the command would be
$host -t a x.x.x.x.bl.spamcop.net
if you are getting an output that means the ip is in black list. If it is giving a false output i.e every ip added as host to the RBL is resolved to an ip then there is a problem in in DNS server.
Can you post the output and tell me back the results.