BES Intergration

Are you using the Zimbra Connector for BlackBerry? Post your comments and questions here.
Ikemp

BES Intergration

Post by Ikemp »

Is there or does any have a how to for intergration with BES Express?
phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

BES Intergration

Post by phoenix »

You need Zimbra Network Edition for that integration.
Regards

Bill

Rspamd: A high performance spamassassin replacement

Per ardua ad astra
Ikemp

BES Intergration

Post by Ikemp »

I have Zimbra Network and this post is in the Zimbra Network section
phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

BES Intergration

Post by phoenix »

[quote user="Ikemp"]I have Zimbra Network and this post is in the Zimbra Network section[/QUOTE]Indeed it is but that's no guarantee that you have NE, is it? If you updated your profile with the details from 'zmcontrol -v' then we'd all know what version you were using. The documentation for the Blackberry connector is available from Zimbra support.
Regards

Bill

Rspamd: A high performance spamassassin replacement

Per ardua ad astra
Ikemp

BES Intergration

Post by Ikemp »

Ok I iwll update my profile can you email me the doc's? or provide a link?
jholder
Ambassador
Ambassador

BES Intergration

Post by jholder »

You can use BES Express.
Also, we're working to get all the docs up.
Ikemp

BES Intergration

Post by Ikemp »

I wan't to do it as soon as yesterday :-) :D:D:D
davidfsmith
Advanced member
Advanced member

BES Intergration

Post by davidfsmith »

Just managed to get BES working with Zimbra today, downloaded the Small Business Version of BES which comes with 1 CAL took some tinkering to get going and even though you get 1 free support incident with RIM don't bother, once they ask you an Exchange questions and you say your using Zimbra they stop listening....
;-)
Got a 5 user license arriving tomorrow so I can test with PC and Mac users so far looks like the link between BES and the Zimbra server is good, the link between Server and Mac on the other hand is as good as ever... (still not sure iSync works out all the changes correctly)
Anyway BES + Zimbra == Happiness....
Ikemp

BES Intergration

Post by Ikemp »

:D Can you outline the steps you took to get it running. I have installed a copy of win 2k3 server to run it on what services or roles do I need to install?

...Thanks
10339alee
Zimbra Alumni
Zimbra Alumni

BES Intergration

Post by 10339alee »

the requirements of using ZCB against a BES instance are no different than running BES against Exchange....except for all the Exchange related requirements. in terms of the Zimbra server, you would need an adminstrator account that can sync data on the behalf of other users.
there will be a self service site up soon that will allow people to download and try ZCB shortly. the site would have links to the ZCB download and the documentation on the installation process and requirements. we are not going to go too much in depth regarding BES installation since you can refer to the RIM docs for that. our docs will outline how to get ZCB installed on a system that has BES and other prerequisites already installed.
but in terms of the first post in this thread. i'm really curious what the "tinkering" was because if there are some global changes that we are going to need to make to the installer...then we should probably get that in our bug system or at least in the release notes.
currently, there is one installation issue (that is is already captured in bugzilla) that indicates that we need to update the installer to better detect the error situation where there is another process on the machine that is using MAPI.