Numbers of users ?

Are you using the Zimbra Connector for BlackBerry? Post your comments and questions here.
davidfsmith
Advanced member
Advanced member

Numbers of users ?

Post by davidfsmith »

Just a quick one, interested in knowing how many users people are currently supporting on BES + ZCB and how many they hope to support...
I'm currently live with 40 users, and have a total of 110 licenses which I'd like to put to use as soon as I have confidence in the performance of the setup, however having got to 60 users live and ended up re-installing I'm taking it easy.
In total I'd expect to have 250+ users live towards the end of the year...
mariops

Numbers of users ?

Post by mariops »

You say you have 40 BES-ZCB users?
davidfsmith
Advanced member
Advanced member

Numbers of users ?

Post by davidfsmith »

42 right now, looking to add another 10 or so over the course of the next week....
mariops

Numbers of users ?

Post by mariops »

David: I saw a document where Zimbra itself recommends to not use BES-SCB in a production environment. But in the Webinar yesterday, the speakers said Yahoo is using the app live now. You have 42 users. This doesn't seem that bad, then. The Zimbra documentation even said that data may get corrupted. Have you experencied any such "nightmares"? I understand one thing is what the company must officially disclaim. I currently have the BES-ZCB setup and running with one user (myself) but have plenty of requests from customers. Thanks!
10339alee
Zimbra Alumni
Zimbra Alumni

Numbers of users ?

Post by 10339alee »

[quote user="mariops"]David: I saw a document where Zimbra itself recommends to not use BES-SCB in a production environment. But in the Webinar yesterday, the speakers said Yahoo is using the app live now. You have 42 users. This doesn't seem that bad, then. The Zimbra documentation even said that data may get corrupted. Have you experencied any such "nightmares"? I understand one thing is what the company must officially disclaim. I currently have the BES-ZCB setup and running with one user (myself) but have plenty of requests from customers. Thanks![/QUOTE]
That is correct, we are running an instance of ZCB against our corporate mail server. Since this is our software we are willing to take more of a risk of running it in a pseudo production enviornment but we do not currently recommend others to do the same. We have the luxury of fixing bugs as we find them and then we can deploy that fix immediately. That being said, I know that we have not pushed an updated BETA release. We are currently fully engaged in a few performance related changes. We have finished some of them and we have a compact road map for the rest of them. Once we have all of these issues resolved, we'll look to push out another BETA or an actual GA of the product.
davidfsmith
Advanced member
Advanced member

Numbers of users ?

Post by davidfsmith »

Got to say it's not without issues, people are aware that this is "BETA" but are happy to take a chance to get the service... I've done two complete server rebuilds and gone around and wiped and re-setup the devices on test.
There are certainly performance issues though and I'm hoping that the next BETA release or the actual release resolve these.