Timeline / Roadmap?

Are you using the Zimbra Connector for BlackBerry? Post your comments and questions here.
davidfsmith
Advanced member
Advanced member

Timeline / Roadmap?

Post by davidfsmith »

Is there one, any chance we can get to see it ?
Also are there any updates to the connector coming out soon?
It would be nice if there were some status updates on this, I'm running with 48 users, and have another 60 who would like to be added....
phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

Timeline / Roadmap?

Post by phoenix »

The Product Portal is where you'll find details of which bugs/enhancements are in each release and bugzilla for bug/enhancement status. Product release will be in the Announcements forum and an email is sent to Network Edition users on product release, we do not pre-announce product or feature release dates.
Regards

Bill

Rspamd: A high performance spamassassin replacement

Per ardua ad astra
davidfsmith
Advanced member
Advanced member

Timeline / Roadmap?

Post by davidfsmith »

[quote user="10330phoenix"]The Product Portal is where you'll find details of which bugs/enhancements are in each release and bugzilla for bug/enhancement status. Product release will be in the Announcements forum and an email is sent to Network Edition users on product release, we do not pre-announce product or feature release dates.[/QUOTE]
I'm aware of both of those areas, but what I'm after is some kind of timeline for ZCB it would be nice to know when the next version the connector was going to be out, and some vague notion of when it might go gold...
Oh and for the record as user and admin of the NE version, I don't get an email on product release and the product portal is still showing 5.0.7 as a future release.
mmorse
Ambassador
Ambassador

Timeline / Roadmap?

Post by mmorse »

[quote user="davidfsmith"]I'm aware of both of those areas, but what I'm after is some kind of timeline for ZCB it would be nice to know when the next version the connector was going to be out, and some vague notion of when it might go gold...[/quote]

Some hints here:

http://www.zimbra.com/forums/zimbra-con ... #post99105

http://www.zimbra.com/forums/zimbra-con ... berry.html

[quote user="davidfsmith"]Oh and for the record as user and admin of the NE version, I don't get an email on product release and the product portal is still showing 5.0.7 as a future release.[/quote]Hm, I thought we did it automatically to all addresses in the support portal...well sign up here and let me know if that gets you more emails: http://www.zimbra.com/alerts/index.html

The product portal will get updated sometime :p 5.0.8 (a simple release) is soon.
davidfsmith
Advanced member
Advanced member

Timeline / Roadmap?

Post by davidfsmith »

[quote user="mmorse"]Hm, I thought we did it automatically to all addresses in the support portal...well sign up here and let me know if that gets you more emails: http://www.zimbra.com/alerts/index.html

The product portal will get updated sometime :p 5.0.8 (a simple release) is soon.[/QUOTE]
Signed up now.
5.0.8 so soon after 5.0.7, something get forgotten ?
10339alee
Zimbra Alumni
Zimbra Alumni

Timeline / Roadmap?

Post by 10339alee »

[quote user="davidfsmith"]Signed up now.
5.0.8 so soon after 5.0.7, something get forgotten ?[/QUOTE]

we are releasing a 5.0.8 to fix some issues from the 5.0.7 release. so what used to be 5.0.8 is now 5.0.9.
in terms of the ZCB releases, we are going to release BETA 3 in the next couple of weeks and a GA of the product is going to be determined by when we can iron out some support cases that we have opened with Microsoft regarding some stability issues, some configuration information that we can get from RIM and a couple of internal changes that implement our "plan" for supporting a larger number of users on a single BES instance. seeing the number of people that are looking forward to using this product and people who are currently using the product, I wish I had a better time frame for the GA. We are working as hard as we can to get it done and release a polished product to you guys.
--Tony