Calendar Problems

Are you using the Zimbra Connector for BlackBerry? Post your comments and questions here.
davidfsmith
Advanced member
Advanced member

Calendar Problems

Post by davidfsmith »

Starting to get the same event(s) appearing multiple times in device calendar, but not on the Zimbra server, this is happening on a number of devices...
It also happens for all calendar events on the device.
Also from looking at the device and going into the calendar options there are now 4 calendars showing, having disabled syncing on three of them (with zero entries) the entries are now only showing once....
most odd
10339alee
Zimbra Alumni
Zimbra Alumni

Calendar Problems

Post by 10339alee »

[quote user="davidfsmith"]Starting to get the same event(s) appearing multiple times in device calendar, but not on the Zimbra server, this is happening on a number of devices...
It also happens for all calendar events on the device.
Also from looking at the device and going into the calendar options there are now 4 calendars showing, having disabled syncing on three of them (with zero entries) the entries are now only showing once....
most odd[/QUOTE]
I don't quite understand the comment about 4 calendars showing and disabling syncing on three of them. Can you give me some more details about this? I have not seen this before.
Are these devices hooked up to any other service that could be syncing calendar events to the device?
davidfsmith
Advanced member
Advanced member

Calendar Problems

Post by davidfsmith »

Sorry was in a hurry this morning... to provide more info
All devices are wiped before being joined to BES
I've had to setup BES a number of times, however on Monday I wiped the server and started from scratch
A few devices are now showing under "Calendar" -> "Options" a number of calendars, for instance my device was showing 4 this morning it is now showing 5, all called desktop - in order
- 53 entries (red)

- 2 entries (blue)

- 0 entries (purple)

- 0 entries (purple)

- 0 entries (purple)
I can change the colour for each calendar, which I've done as detailed, the red and blue calendars are showing as exact duplicates of each other, nothing is showing in purple.
Did say it was odd

;-)
Logging into webmail I have one Calendar, called Calendar, and six others which I have permission to manage. (only data from my Calendar is showing on the device)
10339alee
Zimbra Alumni
Zimbra Alumni

Calendar Problems

Post by 10339alee »

[quote user="davidfsmith"]Sorry was in a hurry this morning... to provide more info
All devices are wiped before being joined to BES
I've had to setup BES a number of times, however on Monday I wiped the server and started from scratch
A few devices are now showing under "Calendar" -> "Options" a number of calendars, for instance my device was showing 4 this morning it is now showing 5, all called desktop - in order
- 53 entries (red)

- 2 entries (blue)

- 0 entries (purple)

- 0 entries (purple)

- 0 entries (purple)
I can change the colour for each calendar, which I've done as detailed, the red and blue calendars are showing as exact duplicates of each other, nothing is showing in purple.
Did say it was odd

;-)
Logging into webmail I have one Calendar, called Calendar, and six others which I have permission to manage. (only data from my Calendar is showing on the device)[/QUOTE]
have you seen this?

BlackBerry
>

this is very interesting because I've never seem multiple calendars on a device. which device are you using?
davidfsmith
Advanced member
Advanced member

Calendar Problems

Post by davidfsmith »

and some more info
zmprov returns

prov> sm david.smith

mailbox: david.smith@domain.com, size: 990.39 MB, messages: 38666, unread: 592

mbox david.smith@domain.com> gaf

Id View Unread Msg Count Path

---------- ---- ---------- ---------- ----------

1 conv 0 0 /

101086 mess 0 4 /Apple Mail To Do

16 docu 0 0 /Briefcase

10 appo 0 553 /Calendar

14 mess 0 185 /Chats

7 cont 0 341 /Contacts

6 mess 0 1 /Drafts

13 cont 0 0 /Emailed Contacts

2 mess 453 7353 /Inbox

2714 mess 124 6278 /Inbox/archive - inbox

21382 mess 0 8198 /Inbox/archive - sent

40357 conv 0 0 /Journal

4 mess 0 0 /Junk

12 wiki 0 1 /Notebook

31904 mess 0 0 /Notes

81695 conv 0 0 /RSS Feeds

5 mess 15 5072 /Sent

15 task 0 0 /Tasks

3 conv 0 27 /Trash

91752 appo 0 2581 /LondonFe (london.fe@domain.com:10)

91753 appo 0 2584 /LondonFi (london.fi@domain.com:10)

91754 appo 0 2353 /LondonFo (london.fo@domain.com:10)

91755 appo 0 1951 /LondonFum(london.fum@domain.com:10)

99957 appo 0 683 /LondonTheatre (london.theatre@domain.com:10)

90359 appo 0 501 /TeamSystems (team.systems@domain.com:10)

mbox david.smith@domain.com>

On the BES server we're running (with 32 users):

ZimbraBESConnector-5.0.5_GA_2190_5.0.2575.5.msi
I also logged into my account using outlook and ZCO and again just had the one calendar showing.
Hope this additional info helps
davidfsmith
Advanced member
Advanced member

Calendar Problems

Post by davidfsmith »

Run the calendar patch tool to analyse which devices may or may not need the patch, and none of the affected devices need the patch.
[quote user="10339alee"]this is very interesting because I've never seem multiple calendars on a device. which device are you using?[/QUOTE]
devices impacted are 8110's running v4.3.0.104 (Platform 2.6.0.59) on T-Mobile (UK)
davidfsmith
Advanced member
Advanced member

Calendar Problems

Post by davidfsmith »

Uploaded three screen shots from my phone showing the calendar and the calendar selection screens
calendar[1].png
calendar[2].png
calendar[3].png
10339alee
Zimbra Alumni
Zimbra Alumni

Calendar Problems

Post by 10339alee »

[quote user="davidfsmith"]Uploaded three screen shots from my phone showing the calendar and the calendar selection screens[/QUOTE]
are you only syncing wirelessly and only against BES?

i was reading about multiple calendar support and it doesn't look like it is available wirelessly through BES. so if that is the case, i wonder if whatever is allowing you to see multiple calendar events is also causing your dupes problem.

apparently, there could be multiple calendar service books on your device. the

fix is to delete all but 1 service book.
you might want to take a look on the RIM forums regarding this problem or start by following that link that i sent earlier.
davidfsmith
Advanced member
Advanced member

Calendar Problems

Post by davidfsmith »

Device has only been synced OTA with the BES since it was taken out of the box....
Have checked the service book, and there is only one [CICAL] entry on the device, also from reading the possible causes on the link you sent me there is no need to apply the Calendar 2007 patch on the software version the affected device is running.
I've now wiped one of the devices with the problem and re-activated with the BES. If the problem occurs again I'm going to try doing it this way instead :
Re syncing your blackberry calendar
[quote]It all depends if you are on a BES (Blackberry Enterprise Server) or a BIS (Blackberry Internet Service). You can try the following things on a BES; try going on the Blackberry into Options / (Advanced Options) / Service Books and remove Desktop [SYNC], Desktop [CMIME] and Desktop [CICAL] and then have the Service Books resent back to the device by the administrator. That sometimes works. Another way is to have the administrator remove you from the BES and do another Enterprise Activation on the device and that gets the Wireless Sync to come on.[/QUOTE]
davidfsmith
Advanced member
Advanced member

Calendar Problems

Post by davidfsmith »

So checked my BB this evening (day off today - kinda) and I once again have duplicate entries, and two calendars on my device....
Have wiped the device and re-activated... only one calendar again.