Stuck on installation of ZCB Beta3

Are you using the Zimbra Connector for BlackBerry? Post your comments and questions here.
DanCody

Post by DanCody »

There is no mspst32.dll in windowssystem32 - mspst32.dll.zco is there already.
DanCody

Post by DanCody »

EMSMDB32.DLL.zco now exists in windowssystem32 - mail applet still hangs at same point.
10339alee
Zimbra Alumni
Zimbra Alumni

Post by 10339alee »

[quote user="DanCody"]EMSMDB32.DLL.zco now exists in windowssystem32 - mail applet still hangs at same point.[/QUOTE]
also, please enable ZCO logging and see if there are any logs generated. there should be some logs from a process called "rundll".
10339alee
Zimbra Alumni
Zimbra Alumni

Post by 10339alee »

[quote user="DanCody"]EMSMDB32.DLL.zco now exists in windowssystem32 - mail applet still hangs at same point.[/QUOTE]
ok...so you renamed the DLL as opposed to copying it right?

do you have another Outlook 2007 instance somewhere? if you do, i would try to copy the mapi32.dll in windowssystem32 to the ZCB machine at windowssystem32. i was expecting to see a mapi32.dll that was more like 115k as opposed to something around 600k.
did you have the controller service stopped before installing outlook?
DanCody

Post by DanCody »

Yes, it was renamed and not copied.
About ZCO logging - I don't think we're on the same page. This is for the BlackBerry connector, not the Outlook connector. We don't have the Outlook connector installed on this machine.
10339alee
Zimbra Alumni
Zimbra Alumni

Post by 10339alee »

[quote user="DanCody"]Yes, it was renamed and not copied.
About ZCO logging - I don't think we're on the same page. This is for the BlackBerry connector, not the Outlook connector. We don't have the Outlook connector installed on this machine.[/QUOTE]
the same logging control exists for zcb as zco. can you enable logging and see if there if there are any logs generated? its possible that the problem that you are seeing happens before zcb kicks in so there could be no logs.

did you manage to hunt down another olk 2k7 install for a different copy of mapi32.dll?
DanCody

Post by DanCody »

There's about 10MB of log file. I think we're just going to start a support case on this though since it seems to be a larger issue than originally assumed.
10339alee
Zimbra Alumni
Zimbra Alumni

Post by 10339alee »

[quote user="DanCody"]There's about 10MB of log file. I think we're just going to start a support case on this though since it seems to be a larger issue than originally assumed.[/QUOTE]
sounds like a plan. let's make sure that we double back to this thread with the solution when we find it :)
rduric

Post by rduric »

I had the same problem. I renamed the mapi32.dll (size 622 KB) to mapi32.dll.zco and copied over the mapi32.dll (size 135 KB) from my ZCB Beta 2 server. My ZCB Beta 3 appears to be working since I was able to activate and synchronize one BB device. I'm not sure if this is a good workaround?
10339alee
Zimbra Alumni
Zimbra Alumni

Post by 10339alee »

[quote user="rduric"]I had the same problem. I renamed the mapi32.dll (size 622 KB) to mapi32.dll.zco and copied over the mapi32.dll (size 135 KB) from my ZCB Beta 2 server. My ZCB Beta 3 appears to be working since I was able to activate and synchronize one BB device. I'm not sure if this is a good workaround?[/QUOTE]
yeah..that's why i was wondering about the version number and sizes of those dlls. it looks like the mapi32.dll that is over 600kb is the one that comes with mapi/cdo and not outlook...we need the outlook version of this dll that is around 110kb. i need to do some research to figure out how this situation arises.