BESx user authentication from AD

Are you using the Zimbra Connector for BlackBerry? Post your comments and questions here.
catnipper
Advanced member
Advanced member

Post by catnipper »

Dear all,

I did install BESx 5.0.3 together with Zimbra 7.1.3_GA_3346 and ZimbraConnectorBES_7.1.3.170.
I followed the instructions in the ZimbraBESConnector AdminGuide carefully and installed everything without any major issues.
I can now log in as BESx administrator (besadmin) and add ZCS users. But the users are not able to login (The username, password, or domain is not correct. Please correct the entry.).

I also checked and modified the Active Directory authentication settings in BES as described here. Still no difference...

The only thing I can imagine right now is that I also use AD authentication on Zimbra itself (External Authentication).
Any ideas where to start???
xeon
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member

Post by xeon »

I have this same issue, but I have no need to fix it. Will keep an eye on this though. This is with BES 5.0.28 and ZCS 7.1.3.170.
catnipper
Advanced member
Advanced member

Post by catnipper »

Gave up and rolled back to local (BES integrated) user authentication... I was able to see that BESx did a successful kerberos authentication on the AD for the login - but no way to get the user logged in (webdesktop) :( Still it seems to work for the webconsole...