Z-Push Zimbra Backend (Push Email, Contacts, Appointments & Tasks)

Take your Zimbra with you!
liverpoolfcfan
Elite member
Elite member

Post by liverpoolfcfan »

[quote user="le_gache"] Whereas i create the folders *SyncConfig* and the subfolder appointment&active=true&virtual=false&primary=Calendar, all my calendars shared and owned are synced wiht my iPhone. The problem is that i am notified for each event in each calendar.

[/QUOTE]
That directive just tells the backend not to include multiple Calendars "virtually" into the main Calendar. However, by defauly iPxxx devices do not use this functionality for Contacts/Appointments - they sync all folders individually.
From the Release 52 release notes ...

[QUOTE]Multi-Folder Support Added (for Apple iOS)

==========================================

Apple devices have the ability to handle multiple calendars and contact folders

natively. If an Apple device is detected, the additional coneacts and calendar

will not be "virtually included" into the default folders Contacts and Calendar

but will instead be sent across in their own folders.
If anyone is aware of any other devices that support this capability, please

post a message on the Support Requests Tracker so we can add a check for that

device to the code.
To Disable the breaking out of Calendars and Contact Groups on devices

----------------------------------------------------------------------

By default, if an Apple device is identified, Calendars and Contacts in custom

folders will be passed to the device in separate calendars/folders. This allows the

device user to select what they want to display. It potentially increases the load

on the backend to have to sync a lot of folders though. In order to prevent devices

synching many different folders, the administrator can disable the support of

multiple calendars and/or multiple contact folder using these two switches.

define('ZIMBRA_DISABLE_MULTI_CALENDARS',true);

define('ZIMBRA_DISABLE_MULTI_CONTACT_GROUPS',true);

Note that if either feature is disabled, the behaviour of the backend will return to

that which was in place before the breakout ability was added. i.e. all items will get

virtually included in the primary folder (assuming virtual support is turned on)
[/QUOTE]
For your situation where you simply want to stop them synching - as you have already enabled SmartFolders - you simply add a hyphen/minus "-" character to the end of the shared Calendar name, and it will not be synched. So if you have a calendar called "John's calendar" - just rename it in your web client to be "John's calendar-" (note the added '-') and it will no longer sync to your phone. It will have no other affect on the functionality of the calendar in your desktop environment.
If you stillhave issues, please open a support request on the SourceForge web site.
liverpoolfcfan
Elite member
Elite member

Post by liverpoolfcfan »

[quote user="le_gache"]With an acer iconia tab a700 (android 4.0.4), it is impossible to connect via active sync SSL whereas it is possible to connect to the z-push server via https.

[/QUOTE]
As of yet I do not have any android 4 device to test with - but I believe that support for android 4 was only recently added to z-push-2. I do not know if they back-ported support to the z-push 1.5.x line. Check it out on the z-push site. Alternatively, you could test z-push 2 with the beta version of the zimbra backend from the sourceforge SVN - and of course report back on the sourceforge site to say how you got on.
liverpoolfcfan
Elite member
Elite member

Post by liverpoolfcfan »

[quote user="valles"][WARN] /usr/share/z-push/backend/zimbra/utils.php:385 Use of undefined constant MBSTRING_OVERLOAD - assumed 'MBSTRING_OVERLOAD' (8)[/QUOTE]
This comes from not having a definition in the config.php file. This was taken from the as12.1 branch

// In case Function Overload is being detect for mbstring functions we set the define

// to the overload level so that we can handle binary data propper...

define('MBSTRING_OVERLOAD', (extension_loaded('mbstring') ? ini_get('mbstring.func_overload') : false));

and lots of:
[QUOTE]

[WARN] SyncObject->Check(): object from type SyncMail: parameter 'cc' contains an invalid email address ''. Address is removed.

[WARN] SyncObject->Check(): object from type SyncMail: parameter 'reply_to' contains an invalid email address ''. Address is removed.

[/QUOTE]
These can be ignored at the moment. I will try to filter them out at the backend when I get a chance but functionality fixes will come before log entry cleanup.
liverpoolfcfan
Elite member
Elite member

Post by liverpoolfcfan »

[quote user="acidrop"]Everything seems to work correctly without errors but when i try to open http://zpush.domain.local/Microsoft-Server-ActiveSync it prompts me for user/pass and after entering

them I get the following message:

[/QUOTE]
Firstly it could be apache prompting for your credentials - not z-push. But I would start by looking at line 250 of your config.php file as indicated by the error message to see if you have defined something incorrectly.
If you still have a problem, please open a support request on the SourceForge web site.
valles

Post by valles »

Upgraded to Z-push 2.0.1 and added the line as suggested to config.php. Error is gone and everything is working fine with iPhone running iOS 5.
[quote user="liverpoolfcfan"]This comes from not having a definition in the config.php file. This was taken from the as12.1 branch

// In case Function Overload is being detect for mbstring functions we set the define

// to the overload level so that we can handle binary data propper...

define('MBSTRING_OVERLOAD', (extension_loaded('mbstring') ? ini_get('mbstring.func_overload') : false));

[/QUOTE]
johnroberts

Post by johnroberts »

Hi All,
After frustration for nearly two days I've decided to ask for help.
Server: Release 7.2.0_GA_2669.UBUNTU10_64 UBUNTU10_64 FOSS edition.

Z-Push version: SVN AS14 checkout

Z-Push Backend 53.1.as12.1
Zimbra is working well.
I initially had problems with setting up Z-Push and Z-Push Backend but these have almost been sorted.
Push is working between a test iPhone and sync is working well for Contacts and Calendar.
The problem is simply that I can not send email from the device. The message I have is similar to (translated) "Can not send email: An error was produced when trying to send the message".
I then checked the Z-push debug.txt file and what I find is the following:
[QUOTE]08/12/12 14:58:09 [5244] O

08/12/12 14:58:09 [5244] O

08/12/12 14:58:09 [5244] O 102

08/12/12 14:58:09 [5244] GZip Results: Original Size 15 / Compress Size 35 byte(s) --> Send uncompressed data

08/12/12 14:58:11 [5244] Header Connection aborted :no

08/12/12 14:58:11 [5244] Header Connection status :0

08/12/12 14:58:13 [5244] Session run time duration :4.0830528736115

08/12/12 14:58:13 [5244] Body Connection aborted :no

08/12/12 14:58:13 [5244] Body Connection status :0

08/12/12 14:58:13 [5244] START Logoff

08/12/12 14:58:13 [5244] Over9M - MEMORY - REAL Now (9,961,472) Peak [12,058,624] - ALLOCATED Now (9,168,152) Peak [11,390,040] - END Logoff

08/12/12 14:58:13 [5244] end

08/12/12 14:58:13 [5244] --------[/QUOTE]
After searching for a while I think that after the lines the email message content should show, but it doesn't.
In the Z-push config.php file 'IMAP_USE_IMAPMAIL' is set to 'true' as default, though I have tried to set this to 'false' too with no joy.
After reading some other replies I decided to go back to the standard releases of Z-Push 1.5.11-1362 and Backend 53.
I can now send email but does this mean that HTML mail is not available?
Thanks!
lytledd
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member
ZCS/ZD Version: Release 9.0.0.ZEXTRAS.20221203 FOSS

Post by lytledd »

[QUOTE]In the Z-push config.php file 'IMAP_USE_IMAPMAIL' is set to 'true' as default, though I have tried to set this to 'false' too with no joy.[/QUOTE]
And this is why it isn't working. You need to provide a little more info. What instructions are you using? Do you have your z-push server on a separate machine? The below is my config:
// The data providers that we are using (see configuration below)

define('BACKEND_PROVIDER', "BackendZimbra");

// ************************

// Zimbra Backend start

// ************************
define('ZIMBRA_URL', 'https://web.drdos.info');

define('ZIMBRA_USER_DIR', 'zimbra_user');

define('ZIMBRA_SYNC_CONTACT_PICTURES', true);

define('ZIMBRA_VIRTUAL_CONTACTS',true);

define('ZIMBRA_VIRTUAL_APPOINTMENTS',true);

define('ZIMBRA_VIRTUAL_TASKS',true);

define('ZIMBRA_IGNORE_EMAILED_CONTACTS',true);

define('ZIMBRA_HTML',true);

define('ZIMBRA_ENFORCE_VALID_EMAIL',true);

define('ZIMBRA_SMART_FOLDERS',false);

define('ZIMBRA_RETRIES_ON_HOST_CONNECT_ERROR',5);
//=== Optional Zimbra Specific Debug Information ===

define('ZIMBRA_DEBUG',false);

Doug
valles

Post by valles »

If you look at my earlier post #843, I used a combination of Rel 53 files and most recent files from repository, plus some minor modification documented and linked in this thread. Working quite nicely with Z-Push 2.0.1 on a separate and virtual machine runnning Ubtuntu 10.04.04.

[quote user="johnroberts"]Hi All,
After frustration for nearly two days I've decided to ask for help.
Server: Release 7.2.0_GA_2669.UBUNTU10_64 UBUNTU10_64 FOSS edition.

Z-Push version: SVN AS14 checkout

Z-Push Backend 53.1.as12.1
[/QUOTE]
johnroberts

Post by johnroberts »

[QUOTE]If you look at my earlier post #843, I used a combination of Rel 53 files and most recent files from repository, plus some minor modification documented and linked in this thread. Working quite nicely with Z-Push 2.0.1 on a separate and virtual machine runnning Ubtuntu 10.04.04.[/QUOTE]
Any chance you could zip the files up and PM me with them?
aarat

Post by aarat »

Looking for someone who can help me upgrade my current zimbra backend with z-push 2.0. I have release 53 running live on z-push 1.x. How do I migrate. What are the configuration changes in zpush 2.0 for zimbra backend.
Thanks in advance.