Zimbra Appliance Installation

Running our Appliance (ZCA), ZCS on VMware, or any other virtual machine software? Post your thoughts here.
admmcoe

Post by admmcoe »

I'm new to Zimbra.
I've been having some installation problems and I just noticed that the server being utilized in a workgroup and not on the domain. Can the Zimbra appliance be installed on a server that is in a workgroup and not part of a domain?
phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

Post by phoenix »

[quote user="admmcoe"]I'm new to Zimbra.
I've been having some installation problems and I just noticed that the server being utilized in a workgroup and not on the domain. Can the Zimbra appliance be installed on a server that is in a workgroup and not part of a domain?[/QUOTE]The Zimbra appliance itself is a stand-alone Linux server and does not belong to any domain or workgroup, it doesn't need to. I don't really understand the point of your question.
Regards

Bill

Rspamd: A high performance spamassassin replacement

Per ardua ad astra
admmcoe

Post by admmcoe »

The question was because the machine I was given to work with has a "Home" version of windows 7 and it cannot be joined to a domain.
The home version is most likely because this is a lab setup.
I'm going to continue with installation.
admmcoe

Post by admmcoe »

"PHOENIX" Duing the installation the host name and admin email address are requested. Is this host name the FQDN of the host and should the admin email address be a known good/working email address?
phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

Post by phoenix »

[quote user="admmcoe"]The question was because the machine I was given to work with has a "Home" version of windows 7 and it cannot be joined to a domain.
The home version is most likely because this is a lab setup.[/QUOTE]That has nothing to do with the Zimbra Appliance, it's installed in a VM and the host doesn't have any effect on the VM.
[quote user="admmcoe"]"PHOENIX"[/QUOTE]There's no need to shout, I can read perfectly well.
[quote user="admmcoe"]Duing the installation the host name and admin email address are requested. Is this host name the FQDN of the host and should the admin email address be a known good/working email address?[/QUOTE]The hostname is that of the Appliance and the email address is also one for the appliance - details are in the Documentation.
Regards

Bill

Per ardua ad astra
admmcoe

Post by admmcoe »

I didn't mean to yell Phoenix....I'm new to forums also.
I have successfully installed ZIMBRA. "SERVER.MYCOMPANY.COM" on my internal network. Is it possible to have ZIMBRA run along side my current e-mail configuration using different e-mail addresses.
i.e.

my current config: An ISP holds my active MX record "MYCOMPANY.COM"
I currently receive e-mail at address: Rnancy@idas.com
How can I test my ZIMBRA appliance?
phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

Post by phoenix »

If you wish to test it in the same domain then have a read of the Split Domain wiki article.
Regards

Bill

Per ardua ad astra