[SOLVED] Zimbra Appliance monitoring with Fuse HQ

Running our Appliance (ZCA), ZCS on VMware, or any other virtual machine software? Post your thoughts here.
727ZZZ

Post by 727ZZZ »

I have tried to add Zimbra Appliance into Fuse HQ monitoring. Officially only Hyperic HQ is supported, but I wanted to try whether Fuse HQ works as well.
I have a Fuse HQ server and I configured Zimbra Appliance's Hyperic HQ plugin and added the platform into Fuse HQ, but on the Fuse HQ side, I get the following error message: "The problem is: Invalid configuration: Error contacting resource: Unable to connect to SNMP Agent (snmp:null null,null)"
It seems Fuse HQ requires SNMP access to the Zimbra Appliance. This is strange, since the documentation states that Fuse HQ Agent uses only port 2144. Additionally, there isn't SNMP running on the Zimbra Appliance.
So the question is, does Zimbra Appliance work with Fuse HQ, or is Hyperic HQ required for monitoring?
Versions used:

Release 6.0.7_GA_2513.UBUNTU8_64 UBUNTU8_64 NETWORK edition.

Fuse HQ 4.3.0.0-fuse
phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

Post by phoenix »

[quote user="727ZZZ"]Officially only Hyperic HQ is supported, but I wanted to try whether Fuse HQ works as well.[/QUOTE]
[quote user="727ZZZ"]So the question is, does Zimbra Appliance work with Fuse HQ.....[/QUOTE]I think you've already answered your own question.
[quote user="727ZZZ"]..... or is Hyperic HQ required for monitoring?[/QUOTE]That's the supported feature. You may, or may not, get Fuse HQ running but it is unsupported and up to you to get it working.
Regards

Bill

Rspamd: A high performance spamassassin replacement

Per ardua ad astra
727ZZZ

Post by 727ZZZ »

[quote user="10330phoenix"]I think you've already answered your own question.
That's the supported feature. You may, or may not, get Fuse HQ running but it is unsupported and up to you to get it working.[/QUOTE]
Thanks for the swift reply - I just wanted to get a confirmation regarding this issue.