Pre-sales questions regarding Zimbra 8 Appliance

Running our Appliance (ZCA), ZCS on VMware, or any other virtual machine software? Post your thoughts here.
yonatan
Advanced member
Advanced member

Post by yonatan »

I've looked at the product comparison and the pricing pages. There is no mention of the appliance and I'm not confident in making a purchase without feature and pricing details.
If VMware Zimbra is serious about its appliance (which so far has been questionable) then these details need to be available on the website alongside the OSS and NE versions!
1542brian
Zimbra Alumni
Zimbra Alumni

Post by 1542brian »

When you purchase a NE license it can be installed on any of the distributions including the appliance. Since the appliance is no longer a separate product there are no differences in features or pricing other then the deployment model.
yonatan
Advanced member
Advanced member

Post by yonatan »

[quote]WHEN YOU PURCHASE A NE LICENSE IT CAN BE INSTALLED ON ANY OF THE DISTRIBUTIONS INCLUDING THE APPLIANCE. SINCE THE APPLIANCE IS NO LONGER A SEPARATE PRODUCT THERE ARE NO DIFFERENCES IN FEATURES OR PRICING OTHER THEN THE DEPLOYMENT MODEL.[/QUOTE]
BRIAN, THANKS FOR EXPLAINING! I THINK YOUR STATEMENT SHOULD BE ADDED TO THE COMPARISON PAGE TO MAKE IS CLEAR FOR POTENTIAL BUYERS.
WITH REGARDS TO FEATURES CAN YOU PLEASE CLARIFY WHETHER ZIMBRA MOBILE AND ZIMBRA ARCHIVING AND DISCOVERY ARE INCLUDED WITH A STARTER EDITION LICENSE BECAUSE THE COMPARISON AND PRICING PAGES HAVE CONTRADICTORY INFORMATION (PLEASE SEE SCREENSHOTS BELOW.)

ZIMBRA - COMPARE PRODUCTS

ZIMBRA - PRICING FOR ZIMBRA COLLABORATION SERVER ON-SITE, ZIMBRA HOSTED, AND ZIMBRA MOBILE

VMWARE

REGARDING SUPPORT IT SEEMS THAT THE STARTER EDITION LICENSE DOESN'T COME WITH ZIMBRA SUPPORT. WHAT ABOUT THE "ZIMBRA SUPPORT PORTAL. IS THIS RESOURCE INCLUDED IN THE STARTER EDITION OR IS THE USER COMMUNITY THE ONLY RESOURCE?
THANKS
Screen Shot 2012-09-14 at 23.20.52.png
Screen Shot 2012-09-14 at 23.22.06.jpg
Screen Shot 2012-09-14 at 23.26.47.jpg
1542brian
Zimbra Alumni
Zimbra Alumni

Post by 1542brian »

I'm not sure I see the conflicting information but to answer your question Yes, Mobile and A&D are included in the Starter Edition. This bundle is simply 15 Pro licenses without support. Professional Licenses always include the Mobile and A&D features.
yonatan
Advanced member
Advanced member

Post by yonatan »

[quote user="1542brian"]I'm not sure I see the conflicting information but to answer your question Yes, Mobile and A&D are included in the Starter Edition. This bundle is simply 15 Pro licenses without support. Professional Licenses always include the Mobile and A&D features.[/QUOTE]
The conflicting information comes from the fact that the comparison page shows the Mobile and A&D features as not included ("dotted") under the Starter Edition, whereas the pricing and checkout pages state that the two features are included.
1542brian
Zimbra Alumni
Zimbra Alumni

Post by 1542brian »

[quote user="yonatan"]The conflicting information comes from the fact that the comparison page shows the Mobile and A&D features as not included ("dotted") under the Starter Edition, whereas the pricing and checkout pages state that the two features are included.[/QUOTE]
Someone from the product marketing team will be correcting the website. I'll try to post an update with the real answer as soon as I hear back.
1542brian
Zimbra Alumni
Zimbra Alumni

Post by 1542brian »

Starter Package has been confirmed as a Professional license and includes Archive & Discovery as well as Mobile.
pmccrackan

Post by pmccrackan »

Is it still possible to get a free license for the Appliance? As I recall it was possible to obtain a free license for the appliance. There were some limitations, but I cant recall what they were now.

Any info appreciated.
Regards Peter.
eomedia

Post by eomedia »

I would also be interested in knowing if there is a free license/version of the network appliance. I like the software, not sure if we'll but a license or not, but as we have no other linux boxes in our environment we don't really want to manage a single linux OS to run the open source edition.
Is it possible to utilize the appliance without a paid license (excluding the 60 day trial), or is the appliance paid license only?
Thank you