port 7071 will not load

Running our Appliance (ZCA), ZCS on VMware, or any other virtual machine software? Post your thoughts here.
ctornato

port 7071 will not load

Post by ctornato »

Hello
I have installed the latest zimbra collaboration suite onto a vm. I have been able to get to port 5480 and install the suite successfully. I even added the DNS A and MX record on my own dns server. However the 7071 port will not load. Page cannot be displayed. I need help so I can test the email server.
phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

port 7071 will not load

Post by phoenix »

[quote user="ctornato"]I have installed the latest zimbra collaboration suite onto a vm. I have been able to get to port 5480 and install the suite successfully. I even added the DNS A and MX record on my own dns server. However the 7071 port will not load. Page cannot be displayed. I need help so I can test the email server.[/QUOTE]Did you look at any of the forum threads that cover this topic? We can't tell from the (lack of) information what the problem is likely to be. You'll have to provide more information such as the output from the 'Verify...' section of the Split DNS wiki article, which version and release of ZCS is this, are all the services running, have you followed the install guide to make sure everything is configured correctly on your operating system, have you looked in the log files to see what the problem is when you start ZCS?
Regards

Bill

Rspamd: A high performance spamassassin replacement

Per ardua ad astra
ctornato

port 7071 will not load

Post by ctornato »

INSTALLING THE APPLIANCE I WOULD ASSUME THAT ALLO FHTE SERVICES ARE SET TO RUN.

12-21-2012 11-45-27 AM.png
phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

port 7071 will not load

Post by phoenix »

[quote user="ctornato"]Installing the appliance I would assume that allo fhte services are set to run. [/QUOTE]Excpet for the fact that you omitted to mention that you were using the appliance, what you said was:
[quote user="ctornato"]I have installed the latest zimbra collaboration suite onto a vm[/QUOTE]That could have meant any version of ZCS was being install in some hyperviser, not the appliance and saying "the latest" doesn't actually tell us which release it is - details matter as do the answer to the rest of my questions. Just as an FYI, the services are always set to start when any version of ZCS is installed but it doesn't mean they are actually running (because of some error).
Regards

Bill

Rspamd: A high performance spamassassin replacement

Per ardua ad astra