"Zimbra Email Product"?

Whether you are a current user, former user, a Zimbra employee, or anyone with experience using any of our products, we welcome your feedback. Please include a specific product name and version when relevant.
jerryboi
Advanced member
Advanced member

"Zimbra Email Product"?

Post by jerryboi »

Apparently, to Jen and the name-robbing Telligent folks ZCS is "Zimbra Email Product". Have these guys done their homework?! ZCS is so much more than email... Just the calendaring codebase must be like ten times the code in Community... although Visual Basic code does tend to be lengthy. Is Community truly written in Visual Basic?
jenneme
Advanced member
Advanced member

"Zimbra Email Product"?

Post by jenneme »

Jerry, I am trying to help not just you but our established members, as well. They are used to having this entire community be about the product they use. It's not just you. It's an adjustment for everyone. That being said, please keep in mind this is just a temporary space where people can come to try to get help until we get the old forums restored. I'm sorry if you are feeling slighted. That is not the intention at all.
jerryboi
Advanced member
Advanced member

"Zimbra Email Product"?

Post by jerryboi »

Ok, Jenn, but "Zimbra Collaboration Product" would have been more appropriate IMO.
ApparentlyMyUsernameIsNotAvailable

"Zimbra Email Product"?

Post by ApparentlyMyUsernameIsNotAvailable »

Jenn... nobody really cares about the forum product... before the Telligent take-over... I (and most people) had not only never heard of Telligent, but never hear of this awful thing you guys call a forum.

"Zimbra Email Product" is seriously offensive.
dominix
Advanced member
Advanced member
ZCS/ZD Version: 7.2.7 ... 8.8.15 ... 9.0.0

"Zimbra Email Product"?

Post by dominix »

In that case : will the default search box in zimbra.com search by default on the "email" product or in the taligent product ?( after the move)
rhoward
Zimbra Alumni
Zimbra Alumni

"Zimbra Email Product"?

Post by rhoward »

We're definitely not calling it "Zimbra Email Product". It's still "Zimbra Collaboration".

The forums software is written in C# and Java. There is no Visual Basic.

The switch away from vBullletin was done way too quickly and that is on us. There is a lot of feedback coming in right now and we're working to address it. The last thing we wanted to do was cause a major disruption for how our customers use the forums and unfortunately this is exactly what we did.
metux
Advanced member
Advanced member

"Zimbra Email Product"?

Post by metux »

It's not just service disruption. You've dropped all the usual Forum features, and replaced it with some kind of "my private Facebook" toy.
rhoward
Zimbra Alumni
Zimbra Alumni

"Zimbra Email Product"?

Post by rhoward »

Yes, it was a terrible migration/switch and very poorly planned. I'm not disagreeing. However, I will commit to the fact that we are working to fix this.