Invalid Account

If Zimbra Desktop had a sync failure, it may have told you to post your error in this section.
mtaweel

Invalid Account

Post by mtaweel »

When ever the user have an invalid pop account and he tries to retrieve the mail for that account using "Get Mail" button he receives an unfriendly message that does not clarify the problem saying network error, a sample message is

"

msg: system failure: Unable to connect to mail store: DataSource: {

id=897e7ccd-31e3-4445-ba57-ce47db02cb6d, type=pop3, isEnabled=false, name=Corp,

host=pop.secureserver.net, port=110, connectionType=cleartext,

username=adel.hazboun@corp.G.ho.st, folderId=2 }

code: service.FAILURE

method: ...

"

We wish that the messages is more informatics to the user (the normal user).
Thanks
phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

Invalid Account

Post by phoenix »

More informative that 'it's unable to connect'? What else do you want it to say? If you have any suggestion for improvements or changes to Zimbra then please file an enhancement request in bugzilla, that is the appropriate place for them.
Regards

Bill

Rspamd: A high performance spamassassin replacement

Per ardua ad astra
mtaweel

Invalid Account

Post by mtaweel »

Thanks, I added that to Zimbra's bugzilla as enhancement. For a suggestion it may be better to tell the user that "Your pop account is invalid ... "
Thanks
bdial
Elite member
Elite member

Invalid Account

Post by bdial »

error messages are a tough thing to do because you never know what sort of person is on the other end. Anyone who has ever gotten one of the windows "An error has occurred" message without telling you the error can relate. For a simple user, having a message that says ""Your pop account is invalid ... " may be enough for them to either give up or call someone, but when tehy call me to figure it out I want to see the exact error "Unable to connect" so I know where the root of the problem is.
phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

Invalid Account

Post by phoenix »

[quote user="mtaweel"]Thanks, I added that to Zimbra's bugzilla as enhancement. For a suggestion it may be better to tell the user that "Your pop account is invalid ... "[/QUOTE]How does Zimbra know that the account is invalid? The user has entered the details and we can only assume that he knows what the accounts is, if it's wrong and we can't connect then the 'can't connect' error message is the right one. I don't see any way around that.
Regards

Bill

Rspamd: A high performance spamassassin replacement

Per ardua ad astra