Human verification required error with Yahoo

If Zimbra Desktop had a sync failure, it may have told you to post your error in this section.
jauhari4

Post by jauhari4 »

Hi folks,
I use Zimbra for my 4 yahoo, 1 hotmail and 1 gmail account. I use the version 7.2.5.
About a month back, I started getting delivery failure errors from one yahoo account. it said, Human verification required.
Based on the information available on the net, I did the following:
1. I removed and re-added the yahoo account to Zimbra. Problem persisted.
2. I logged in from web client, and entered the Captcha code a few times and then when it stopped asking me for it, I tried to access again from Zimbra, but still the same error
3. Contacted yahoo, but they pointed me to Zimbra. I did not believe them.
3. To isolate the issue, I installed various other desktop mail clients, eM, Windows Mail, Thunderbird. I did not get the same error from them. So it seems yahoo support was correct. The problem is unique to Zimbra and this specific email account.
With the above background, I would like to know if anyone can help solve the problem. I would hate to move to another desktop client. been using Zimbra for a long time. It also works well with my other yahoo accounts, but just fails for this specific account.
Rgds,
Jauhari
jorgedlcruz
Zimbra Alumni
Zimbra Alumni

Post by jorgedlcruz »

Hi jauhari4,

Could you add the account in Zimbra Desktop? If I try to add my Yahoo! account I need to do the human verification step inside my Zimbra Desktop, did you too?

Best regards
Jorge de la Cruz https://jorgedelacruz.es
Systems Engineer at Veeam Software https://www.veeam.com/
jauhari4

Post by jauhari4 »

I did not know where to do the human verification inside Zimbra desktop. I get no pop up or anything. Just a failure from sent mails saying Human Verification required. If you can show me how, it would be great.

Out of frustration, I am configuring Windows Live mail as an alternative.

But would be great to get Zimbra to work.
michaelmarr

Post by michaelmarr »

This happens about once every year.  Yahoo changes something on their end and all email clients EXCEPT Zimbra  Desktop implement the changes.  Then we all complain and blah, blah, blah and the Zimbra folks fix it about 6 months later.
So I receive mail but can't send.  I bought the paid EM Client last year when this outage occurred but EM Client bogs down  when dealing with my 14 years of saved emails from 5 email accounts.  So here's what I figured out -->  Use a different SMTP server.  I have a gmail account so instead of using a Yahoo account I set up an IMAP account. Email Address is yourname@yahoo.com. Incoming  server is imap.mail.yahoo.com with SSL and port 993.  SMTP Server is smtp.gmail.com, SSL and Authentication.  User Name is yourname@gmail.com. Reply to address is yourname@yahoo.com.  Enjoy!
michaelmarr

Post by michaelmarr »

This happens about once every year. Yahoo changes something on their end and all email clients EXCEPT Zimbra Desktop implement the changes. Then we all complain and blah, blah, blah and the Zimbra folks fix it about 6 months later.

So I receive mail but can't send. I bought the paid EM Client last year when this outage occurred but EM Client bogs down when dealing with my 14 years of saved emails from 5 email accounts. So here's what I figured out --> Use a different SMTP server. I have a gmail account so instead of using a Yahoo account I set up an IMAP account. Email Address is yourname@yahoo.com. Incoming server is imap.mail.yahoo.com with SSL and port 993. SMTP Server is smtp.gmail.com, SSL and Authentication. User Name is yourname@gmail.com. Reply to address is yourname@yahoo.com. Enjoy!
cf7
Advanced member
Advanced member

Post by cf7 »

Same problem this week..yahoo help centre, tried to help but same problem...hope zimbra release new version in couple of weeks fixing this "human verifications"..

what is in zimbra sync has ticked off the yahoo server to get this error code..
jauhari4

Post by jauhari4 »

Michael, I tried this too. I configured yahoo as IMAP manually in Zimbra. Still the same problem. That is when I gave up and went to Windows.

Maybe I moved with low expectations, but I am pretty satisfied now with them.
jauhari4

Post by jauhari4 »

cf7, Pls see my response to Michael. I am not using Zimbra anymore. Hope you get a fix soon.
cf7
Advanced member
Advanced member

Post by cf7 »

thx...

judging the Zimbra is not talking to Yahoo....I need to find another desktop client too...I don't like outlook myself..but if it got supports then I might give it a try.
jauhari4

Post by jauhari4 »

Its actually windows live mail... not outlook.. I don't think it is as feature rich as outlook, but suffices for my basic personal needs..

All the best...