Zimbra stops working properly after some hours

Discuss your pilot or production implementation with other Zimbra admins or our engineers.
phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

Post by phoenix »

[quote user="ninjavz"]phoenix, the link is broken ->  [/quote]It's been fixed but you could have found it for yourself by searching the forums or the wiki.
Regards

Bill

Rspamd: A high performance spamassassin replacement

Per ardua ad astra
ninjavz

Post by ninjavz »

Well I have changed the approach. I had made two copies of the VM hard disks (May15 and May16). This problem appears with May16, so I did a fallback and restored the snapshot from May15. This has been working, even though /etc/hosts was wrong, which has also been fixed. So that is not the problem described in the beginning.

The only thing I changed during those hours was setting zmtlsctl to redirect and I installed EPEL repo and fail2ban.

Anyway, falling back to May15 version since sunday 17 afternoon. Server has been working perfectly.

One other thing I noticed different between both versions, is that tha Active QUEUE had an email stuck that only showed an ID and in the last column something like /NaN/NaN/0NaN which I believed was odd. Since it was not going away I deleted it. But after some seconds it reappeared.

Is it possible to hang Zimbra by sending some oddly built email message?

Sadly, I do not know what was hanging the server. The current version is running and I will be changing some additional options always making a snapshot of the VM before.

If at some point I find the problem I will report it here.

Thank you.
Klug
Ambassador
Ambassador
ZCS/ZD Version: All of them

Post by Klug »

The link is not broken. Here it is again : http://wiki.zimbra.com/wiki/Split_dns
ninjavz

Post by ninjavz »

Update 27.May.2015

On sunday 24 May, I made just one change to the server, I activated rsyslog to report to another server /etc/rsyslog.conf:

*.* @@server.domain.com:514

The server run until Tue 29 May aprox 1:45am. Then it stopped working properly, everything slow as described before.

MTA was stopped. Hard reset on Tuesday morning. I commented that line and restarted rsyslog.

Now working properly but still testing. If it works until sunday it may have something to do with the problem. Will let you know.
ninjavz

Post by ninjavz »

Update 1. June 2015

Still working no problems (nothing was changed in the configurations).