Zimbra Desktop Java Exception Error

Need some help getting Zimbra Desktop set up and working?
ennsane

Post by ennsane »

I am using Zimbra Desktop 7.2.2 GA (build 11951). I have installed it on approximately 40 pc's that make up a small offline shop that I manage, offline meaning this shop has no access to the internet. The problem I am having is that 4 out of the 40 work great. The rest keep crashing with an error ClassNotFoundException: org.apache.jsp.desktop.login_jsp. This error fills the log until it finally gives up and shuts down. All of the machines are running WindowsXP sp3. The machines were all built from a single image and have had no updates since their creation.
Some background that may be contributing to the problem - all of these machines are java development pc's. They have multiple versions of java installed as well as various test servers: Jboss, Websphere, and in some cases Tomcat.
I recently setup the Zimbra server and installed the clients with and MSI push to the individual machines. The thing that completely throws me is why it works on some but not on others. At each pc the user assigned to that pc has local administrative rights.
Has anyone seen this error before or could perhaps point me in a direction that would help me to analyse and determine what is causing this? Could having the java path defined in system variables be affecting this? I looked through the config files and it seems to me that it should be loading its own JRE when it loads and not looking at the system defined JRE's or JDK's.
Thanks for any advice or help you can offer. Below is a snippet of the log from the end. The error is repeated over and over until it finally shuts down the server.
2013-05-22 07:45:49,921 WARN [btpool0-2] [] log - /zimbra/desktop/login.jsp

java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.apache.jsp.desktop.login_jsp

at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(Unknown Source)

at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)

at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source)

at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JasperLoader.findClass(JasperLoader.java:204)

at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JasperLoader.loadClass(JasperLoader.java:190)

at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JasperLoader.loadClass(JasperLoader.java:122)

at org.apache.jasper.JspCompilationContext.load(JspCompilationContext.java:639)

at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.getServlet(JspServletWrapper.java:192)

at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(JspServletWrapper.java:372)

at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:486)

at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:380)

at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:814)

at com.zimbra.webClient.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:64)

at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHolder.handle(ServletHolder.java:511)

at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1166)

at com.zimbra.cs.servlet.SetHeaderFilter.doFilter(SetHeaderFilter.java:79)

at com.zimbra.webClient.filters.SetHeaderFilter.doFilter(SetHeaderFilter.java:239)

at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1157)

at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.handle(ServletHandler.java:388)

at org.mortbay.jetty.security.SecurityHandler.handle(SecurityHandler.java:218)

at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.SessionHandler.handle(SessionHandler.java:182)

at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandler.handle(ContextHandler.java:765)

at org.mortbay.jetty.webapp.WebAppContext.handle(WebAppContext.java:422)

at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandlerCollection.handle(ContextHandlerCollection.java:230)

at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerCollection.handle(HandlerCollection.java:114)

at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerWrapper.handle(HandlerWrapper.java:152)

at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.rewrite.RewriteHandler.handle(RewriteHandler.java:230)

at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerWrapper.handle(HandlerWrapper.java:152)

at org.mortbay.jetty.Server.handle(Server.java:326)

at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handleRequest(HttpConnection.java:585)

at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection$RequestHandler.headerComplete(HttpConnection.java:971)

at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseNext(HttpParser.java:549)

at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseAvailable(HttpParser.java:212)

at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handle(HttpConnection.java:415)

at org.mortbay.io.nio.SelectChannelEndPoint.run(SelectChannelEndPoint.java:429)

at org.mortbay.thread.BoundedThreadPool$PoolThread.run(BoundedThreadPool.java:451)

2013-05-22 07:45:52,656 INFO [Shutdown] [] log - Shutdown hook executing

2013-05-22 07:45:52,656 INFO [Shutdown] [] log - Graceful shutdown SelectChannelConnector@127.0.0.1:1847

2013-05-22 07:45:52,656 INFO [Shutdown] [] log - Graceful shutdown org.mortbay.jetty.webapp.WebAppContext@18bbc5a{/service,C:Program Filesimbraimbra Desktopjetty/webapps/service}

2013-05-22 07:45:52,656 INFO [Shutdown] [] log - Graceful shutdown org.mortbay.jetty.webapp.WebAppContext@1465ca2{/zimbra,C:Program Filesimbraimbra Desktopjetty/webapps/zimbra}

2013-05-22 07:45:52,656 INFO [Shutdown] [] log - Graceful shutdown org.mortbay.jetty.webapp.WebAppContext@869470{/zimlet,C:Program Filesimbraimbra Desktopjetty/webapps/zimlet}

2013-05-22 07:45:54,656 INFO [Shutdown] [] log - Stopped SelectChannelConnector@127.0.0.1:0

2013-05-22 07:45:54,906 WARN [Thread-7] [] CachedThreadPool - Sweeper thread interrupted

2013-05-22 07:45:54,906 WARN [Thread-7] [] CachedThreadPool - Shutdown has been received by sweeper thread

2013-05-22 07:45:54,953 INFO [Shutdown] [] log - Shutdown hook complete
PriteshGajjar
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member

Post by PriteshGajjar »

Latest version of ZD 7.2.7 uses system JRE. So changing JRE on m/c would impact ZD.

First confirm whether you are using 7.2.7 (32 bit or 64 bit).

If you have ZD-32 bit then make sure you have JRE 32 bit installed on your system (1.6 or later)

If you have ZD-64 bit then make sure you have JRE 64 bit installed on your system (1.6 or later)

Another thing is that if your m/c is running behind proxy server then bypass "127.0.0.1" in n/w setting.

I would also suggest to do fresh install on one of the m/c.