zmmboxsearch alternative for FOSS 8.6.0P4

Discuss your pilot or production implementation with other Zimbra admins or our engineers.
omegainstitute
Advanced member
Advanced member

Post by omegainstitute »

Hello everyone, 
I have a need to search for a series of names in all users mailboxes.  In searching the wiki and such, there are references to zmmboxsearch, but it seems that utility was depricated as of 7.x.  We're currently running Zimbra FOSS 8.6.0P4, and I was wondering if there was an alternative I could use to achieve the same goal?

Thanks, 

- Rob
omegainstitute
Advanced member
Advanced member

Post by omegainstitute »

No-one has any input?
phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

Post by phoenix »

The zmmboxsearch feature is a function of the NE Archive & Discovery to allow searching for mail on that. I'd suggest the same should be true for the OS version and you'd need to install an archiving mail server, there's plenty of open source projects available to do that if you search the internet, there's also some recommendations from me and others in these forums IIRC.
Regards

Bill

Rspamd: A high performance spamassassin replacement

Per ardua ad astra
omegainstitute
Advanced member
Advanced member

Post by omegainstitute »

Thank you! That's enough for me to go on. Off to go find a archiving solution... Merry Christmas one and all! (or whatever holiday you're celebrating) :)
phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

Post by phoenix »

[quote user="omegainstitute"]Thank you! That's enough for me to go on. Off to go find a archiving solution... Merry Christmas one and all! (or whatever holiday you're celebrating) :)[/quote]You're welcome and happy holidays to you, as well. :)
I did look at archiving solutions some years back but never really did anything about it (I only have my home server) and some of them looked quite good, some of them also have demo sites available. Anyway, good hunting and if you find anything that suits your purpose perhaps a note in the forums might be helpful for other users.
Regards

Bill

Per ardua ad astra
omegainstitute
Advanced member
Advanced member

Re: zmmboxsearch alternative for FOSS 8.6.0P4

Post by omegainstitute »

Just to come back to this, in case anyone is wondering what solution I came up with, I installed Mail Piler ( http://www.mailpiler.org )

Took some time getting it up and running, and took a long while to import 7 years worth of emails into the system. Overall I'm pleased with how the solution is working for us.

Hope this helps anyone out there!

- Rob
phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

Re: zmmboxsearch alternative for FOSS 8.6.0P4

Post by phoenix »

Thanks for the update. :)
Regards

Bill

Per ardua ad astra