Webclient smtp config

Discuss your pilot or production implementation with other Zimbra admins or our engineers.
iibarguren

Webclient smtp config

Post by iibarguren »

hi,

There is no smtp config on zimbra web client?
phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

Re: Webclient smtp config

Post by phoenix »

That's correct, why would you expect there to be any configuration options?
Regards

Bill

Rspamd: A high performance spamassassin replacement

Per ardua ad astra
iibarguren

Post by iibarguren »

because we have this problem viewtopic.php?f=15&t=59190&p=266566&hil ... en#p266566 and I installed Zimbra Desktop and work ok. We can send and receive emails in each account (user account and shared) but we have to sync if we want to see the changes (sent and received emails) on the webclient.

I was looking Desktop and Webclient config screens and I realized that there is no smtp config for web client and I think maybe this is the problem
vavai
Advanced member
Advanced member
ZCS/ZD Version: 0

Post by vavai »

Hi,

Webclient are using local Zimbra MTA as smtp server on single server and it should work by default. What you would like to achieve according to sync webmail maybe related with Zimbra sync interval (on webmail | preferences), default using 5 minutes interval

Vavai
iibarguren

Post by iibarguren »

We don´t want to use Zimbra Desktop, we only want to use Zimbra Web client but the problem comes when we share an account.

In my case for example, if I tried to send an email with my department@zimbra account the message is sent but instead of sending it with the deparment account it´s sending with my user account.

I mean:

Message sent to user2@zimbra from deparment@zimbra account

The message is sent like iibarguren@zimbra instead of deparment@zimbra account
Cine

Post by Cine »

Hello iibarguren!

If your "sharing" set up is the one described in your other thread about this subject my suggestion is to use Zimbra's own sharing system instead of external accounts so that you'll be able to properly set up sending personas: you can easily share folders to whole Distribution Lists and create personas that will automatically send/reply as the department address - you can even automate the process by calling zmprov and zmmailbox via a shell script...
Filippo "Cine" Cinetto

Music addicted & metal singer, online gamer, ZCS sysadmin and community enthusiast.
Head of IT Support and Communication & CCM at ZeXtras
Proud founding member of the Zeta Alliance
iibarguren

Post by iibarguren »

Cine wrote:Hello iibarguren!

If your "sharing" set up is the one described in your other thread about this subject my suggestion is to use Zimbra's own sharing system instead of external accounts so that you'll be able to properly set up sending personas: you can easily share folders to whole Distribution Lists and create personas that will automatically send/reply as the department address - you can even automate the process by calling zmprov and zmmailbox via a shell script...

Hi Cine!
That´s would be awesome! but how you do that?
As far as I know, you have to share each folder of an account to the user you want... or is there any way to share the full account?
Cine

Post by Cine »

iibarguren wrote: Hi Cine!
That´s would be awesome! but how you do that?
As far as I know, you have to share each folder of an account to the user you want... or is there any way to share the full account?
You can do so by sharing the root folder of the account via `zmmailbox`, e.g.

Code: Select all

zmmailbox -z -m department@domain.com mfg / account user@domain.com rwixd
Then create the appropriate mountpoint(s) on the grantee:

Code: Select all

zmmailbox -z -m user@domain.com cm /Department share@domain.com /
(in this case a "Department" folder containing the shared items will appear in each section of the user's webclient)

You can mix and match the sharing options as it better suits your needs, and as previously mentioned this can be automated in a shell script for bulk operations :)

Have a nice day,
Cine
Filippo "Cine" Cinetto

Music addicted & metal singer, online gamer, ZCS sysadmin and community enthusiast.
Head of IT Support and Communication & CCM at ZeXtras
Proud founding member of the Zeta Alliance