File attachment fails in Chrome Version 50.0.2661.94 m

Post feedback about our hosted demo or your local install. Tell us what you love and/or what you’d like to see added in the future.
hollyhubb

Re: File attachment fails in Chrome Version 50.0.2661.94 m

Post by hollyhubb »

FWIW - we use the paid version ZCS 8.6 and we pay for support. The reason I posted here was because their support person said they could not reproduce the problem, even after I created an account on our system for them to use for testing, so I wanted to see if anyone else was experiencing this phenomenon.

Slalomjohn, you described what our users have been experiencing, perfectly. In my testing I also found that if you click on Attach then try to drag the file from the Explorer window to the email, it crashes Chrome completely, so you have to close it, re-open it and sign in again. It appears that opening a separate Explorer window and dragging the file into the email without ever touching the Attach button is working, but my users are losing their minds because they have to do it that way.

BTW- I gave up on support. I only get replies in the wee hours of the morning, not normal business hours. What irritated me most was when I first requested support I asked for a remote session so I could show them what was happening, but no I had to send logs, create accounts, whatever they asked and would not get replies for days and never during normal hours. Finally the last update I got from them was "can we do a remote session to see the problem?" :evil: Sure, let me arrange for a couple of users and myself to come in at 3am to show you.... Wish I had thought of that to begin with...

I gave up at that point.

And as for filing a Bugzilla, I don't have much faith there either. We have had issues with sorting since going to 8. Our CIO is an active developer and supports various Linux based systems and took an active interest in providing information for the bug report. It's still sitting out there unresolved and it's been months. In case you are wondering about that one, when we sort on the From field, some emails show up in the list by the senders first name and some show up by the senders last name, so emails from April White will be scattered with some showing up in the A part and some showing up in the W part of the list. Fun times...

And if I sound harsh, I'm not trying to be. I get that building a Web accessed product, that you have to accommodate multiple browsers that change weekly, is a daunting task. That is why some other products out there pick 1 or 2 browsers and say they only work with or offer support for the specific browser. I get it.
L. Mark Stone
Ambassador
Ambassador
ZCS/ZD Version: 10.0.6 Network Edition

Post by L. Mark Stone »

slalomjohn wrote: Or developer's can fixed this bug in comercical version, but not fixed in FOSS?
FWIW the core components of Zimbra are identical between FOSS and NE versions; NE simply has "extra" features added. Even when Patches are released, they are released for both FOSS and NE at the same time.

Consequently, any issue that impacts FOSS almost assuredly will impact NE.

When the current version of Zimbra was released, Chrome 50 hadn't yet been released, so I think it's hard to say that something like this wasn't caught in QA testing.

It would be helpful to the community if, when you see something like this, that you look in Bugzilla to see if someone else has already reported the issue and if not then open a new bug report. I think you'll see in Bugzilla that many NE users as well as FOSS users fill out bug reports.

Thanks!
Mark
thorx
Advanced member
Advanced member

Post by thorx »

slalomjohn description of the problem seems similar to what is reported to me. any news on this case?
I can't find that it's reported as a bug. Is there any bugid here?
I have one that is on chrome windows that says sometimes it works at the first time, but sometimes a second time or more. usually on the second time
I have one on chrome linux that says it always takes two times.

I'm on webclient 8.6 patch 4. Does this happen on newer 8.7? or newer chrome?
thorx
Advanced member
Advanced member

Post by thorx »

Versjon 52.0.2743.82 m says my windows user that complains.
thorx
Advanced member
Advanced member

Post by thorx »

anyone still there?
barrydegraaff
Zimbra Employee
Zimbra Employee

Post by barrydegraaff »

I have seen that, but not recently, and it was mostly in other systems aka NOT zimbra.

Try and disable all the `features` under privacy:
Use a web service to help resolve navigation errors, Use prediction 2x, protect from dangerous sites... and so on.

I have a feeling it has something to do with those.
--
Barry de Graaff
Email: barry.degraaff [at] synacor [dot] com
Admin of Zimbra-Community Github: https://github.com/orgs/Zimbra-Community/ and the
Zimlet Gallery https://gallery.zetalliance.org/extend/
mylove17082000

Post by mylove17082000 »

i got a same problem on Zimbra 8.6.0

i upgraded zimbra to patch 7 but it sill has that problem

Sometimes user can attach and sometimes they can't
thorx
Advanced member
Advanced member

Post by thorx »

mylove17082000 wrote:i got a same problem on Zimbra 8.6.0

i upgraded zimbra to patch 7 but it sill has that problem

Sometimes user can attach and sometimes they can't
Did you try what Barry mentioned? I told my user to try that. I have not heard back from him yet if it made any difference. So don't know if it helps or not.