Zimbra desktop failure after download of upgrade

Need some help getting Zimbra Desktop set up and working?
christinakaufmann

Zimbra desktop failure after download of upgrade

Post by christinakaufmann »

I received this morning a message from Zimbra that there is a new version which should be downloaded (I was on vacation and didn't use my Macbook the past week). After downloading the update, I cannot access Zimbra desktop any longer and therefore also not access the online version!

I need Zimbra for my job and I am desperate. :-( What can I do?????

This is the message I receive all the time:

Couldn't access Zimbra Desktop server. If issue persists after reinstall, please check logs for errors and report to http://www.zimbra.com/forums/zimbra-desktop.

I am not a tech expert and I need an solution as soon as possible. Somebody else face the same issue and solved it with downloading Java. This didn't work with my Macbook.
PriteshGajjar
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member

Re: Zimbra desktop failure after download of upgrade

Post by PriteshGajjar »

Before launching ZD can you run command "#jps"(List all Java processes running on your m/c) and if you see "Zimbra" in output then run next command as "kill -9 <process-id-of-Zimbra>".

If above doesn't fix the problem help me with answers of following questions:
Can you paste output of command "#java -version" from your m/c?
Which Mac OS you are running on?
What was previous version of ZD you were using?
christinakaufmann

Post by christinakaufmann »

I just downloaded Sierra (didn't help). Before, I was using El Capitan. I always upgraded the news ZD version but I have no idea which was the last version I used (probably the one before the new update).

As I am no tech expert, only a user, I don't know how to run commands on my Mac. :-( I never had such problems before. It is totally annoying. And it it not even freeware....
PriteshGajjar
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member

Post by PriteshGajjar »

Type "terminal" on spotlight search and fire given commands.
vince62117

Post by vince62117 »

I have the same problem. I did the upgrade on my Zimbra desktop version and cannot access to any email. I run a Windows 7 computer.

Could you help us ?

I am not an expert.
PriteshGajjar
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member

Post by PriteshGajjar »

vince62117 wrote:I have the same problem. I did the upgrade on my Zimbra desktop version and cannot access to any email. I run a Windows 7 computer.

Could you help us ?

I am not an expert.
Can you try manual installation by downloading https://files.zimbra.com/downloads/zdes ... _win64.msi and choose "Repair" option.
PriteshGajjar
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member

Post by PriteshGajjar »

christinakaufmann wrote:I just downloaded Sierra (didn't help). Before, I was using El Capitan. I always upgraded the news ZD version but I have no idea which was the last version I used (probably the one before the new update).

As I am no tech expert, only a user, I don't know how to run commands on my Mac. :-( I never had such problems before. It is totally annoying. And it it not even freeware....
Can you also try manual download and installation https://files.zimbra.com/downloads/zdes ... _intel.dmg