Upgrade to Zimbra 8 failed - script failed with code 256

Discuss your pilot or production implementation with other Zimbra admins or our engineers.
dm4creavil

Upgrade to Zimbra 8 failed - script failed with code 256

Post by dm4creavil »

Hello everyone,
Today I decided to give Zimbra 8 a try ... So I strated the upgrade of a Zimbra 7.2 Network license server. After a few minutes upgrading. Disaster struck ... I received following message: Tue Oct 2 13:45:10 2012: Error while running '/opt/zimbra/bin/mysql --user=zimbra --password=xxxxxx --database=zimbra --batch --skip-column-names'.

Script failed with code 256: - exiting

Since then, I tried several tricks without result. My server is still down :-/

Do you guys got a solution for me? I'm running Ubuntu 10 Lucid and a not completely upgraded Zimbra 8.
Thank you guys,

D
bhwong
Advanced member
Advanced member

Re: Upgrade to Zimbra 8 failed - script failed with code 256

Post by bhwong »

Did you manage to resolve this? I just encounter this error and I notice there is another earlier message that show this:

Code: Select all

Error 1050 (42S01) at line1: Table 'mboxgroup62/#sql-ib8790-2087386195' already exists
So this account is likely to be corrupted. Funny that zmdbintegrityreport failed to detect and fix this. So I have to reverse my snapshot and remove this account before trying to upgrade again.
bhwong
Advanced member
Advanced member

Re: Upgrade to Zimbra 8 failed - script failed with code 256

Post by bhwong »

Try this solution: viewtopic.php?t=60289
I've narrowed down the problem script to /opt/zimbra/libexec/scripts/migrate20140319-MailItemPrevFolders.pl. I can't see any way around this other than to comment out these lines from the runSql functoin in /opt/zimbra/libexec/scripts/Migrate.pm:

Code: Select all

#    Migrate::myquit(1, "Error while running '$command'.")
#      if ($? != 0);