Day 1 with Zimbra, need confirmation on my thoughts.

Ask questions about your setup or get help installing ZCS server (ZD section below).
tej2000

Day 1 with Zimbra, need confirmation on my thoughts.

Post by tej2000 »

Hey,

Today is my first day with Zimbra and I briefly read https://www.zimbra.com/docs/ne/5.0.19/m ... ml#1108537, I would like to confirm if my understanding is correct or not:

- OpenLDAP - this is to store user account information
- Zimbra MTA - email transport
- Zimbra Mailbox server - store mailbox data
- Zimbra Proxy - Client access server

I am doing a POC so I want to reduce cost as much as possible so I plan to install all the roles on ONE server(ALL-IN-ONE), can anybody confirm if this is feasible?

Even this is POC and we only have one server but we do have plan to make current setup scalable in the future, in order to scale in the future, my understanding is we only need to:

- Deploy couple of Zimbra Proxy server in DMZ with load balancing feature to handle all the client access and incoming emails from Internet
- Deploy Zimbra MTA/Mailbox Server/OpenLDAP hide behind firewall(no external access.)
- If number of users increases we only need to add more servers

Simple as this?

Appreciate your comments!

J.
tej2000

Re: Day 1 with Zimbra, need confirmation on my thoughts.

Post by tej2000 »

Appreciate any comments please.....
vavai
Advanced member
Advanced member
ZCS/ZD Version: 0

Post by vavai »

Hi,

Single server for all services should be sufficient, depending your account and mail traffic. Actually, you have read an obsolete info, as latest Zimbra version are 8.7.2 and your mentioned link is v5.x :-)

How many mailboxes and how much mails traffic will be manage by Zimbra?
tej2000

Post by tej2000 »

vavai wrote:Hi,

Single server for all services should be sufficient, depending your account and mail traffic. Actually, you have read an obsolete info, as latest Zimbra version are 8.7.2 and your mentioned link is v5.x :-)

Thanks, I would like to handle 20k concurrent connection in the future and all of them are light users.

It will be great if you can point me to the latest document.
vavai
Advanced member
Advanced member
ZCS/ZD Version: 0

Post by vavai »

Hi,
tej2000 wrote:
vavai wrote:Hi,

Thanks, I would like to handle 20k concurrent connection in the future and all of them are light users.

It will be great if you can point me to the latest document.
for latest document : https://www.zimbra.com/documentation/, there you can find both Zimbra OSE/NE docs and single/multi server installation procedure.