[SOLVED] Import account Read timed out

Discuss your pilot or production implementation with other Zimbra admins or our engineers.
danielw

[SOLVED] Import account Read timed out

Post by danielw »

Hi all,

I'm finally migrating from version 8.6.0 FOSS (Ubuntu 12.04) to 8.7.11 FOSS (Ubuntu 16.04). Because I want to clean things up I chose to create the domains, COS and users on the new server by hand.

For the users I want to migrate to the new server I make an export from the account on the old server with the CLI:

Code: Select all

/opt/zimbra/bin/zmmailbox -z -m USER getRestURL "//?fmt=tgz" > /PATH/USER.tgz
So far everything goes well.

Next is to import the account on the new installed server with CLI:

/opt/zimbra/bin/zmmailbox -z -m USER postRestURL "//?fmt=tgz&resolve=replace" /PATH/USER.tgz
But there it goes wrong.... After about 60-90 seconds I get this error:
ERROR: zclient.IO_ERROR (Read timed out) (cause: java.net.SocketTimeoutException Read timed out)

I'm looking for day's finding a solutions, but none of the suggestions I found on this forum or by google worked (like changing timeout values like zimbraReverseProxyUpstreamReadTimeout or zimbraReverseProxyUpstreamSendTimeout)

To make it even more interesting: importing the TGZ through the webmail from a user succeed without problems! :?

But I want to script things, so I don't have to manually import all the mailbox items per user. So I want to use the CLI method.

Hope someone have a suggestion what to do. ;)
phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

Re: Import account Read timed out

Post by phoenix »

Don't waste your time doing any of those steps, use the ZeXtras Migration Tool and make your life a lot easier - it's easy to use, it works and it's free.
Regards

Bill

Rspamd: A high performance spamassassin replacement

Per ardua ad astra
DualBoot
Elite member
Elite member
ZCS/ZD Version: ZCS FLOSS - 8.8.15 Mutli servers

Post by DualBoot »

Use -t 0 option
And if it is not enough modify memory allocation for zmjava command into zmlocalconfig.
danielw

Post by danielw »

Thanks DualBoot, I will try it today! I let now if it works!

Thanks Phoenix. I want a clean and fresh new installation. So first I want to try the "old" way before using migration tools!
danielw

Post by danielw »

Adding the -t 0 to the zmmailbox command for importing the mailbox backup did the trick! :D :D

Thanks!

** SOLVED **
rojoblandino
Advanced member
Advanced member

Re: [SOLVED] Import account Read timed out

Post by rojoblandino »

Running with -t 0 i got the same message

runuser -l zimbra -c "/opt/zimbra/bin/zmmailbox -z -m \"noborrar@dominio.com\" -t 0 postRestURL \"//?fmt=tgz&resolve=skip\" /opt/zimbra/backup/dominio/2022/07/21/user.tgz "
ERROR: zclient.IO_ERROR (Read timed out) (cause: java.net.SocketTimeoutException Read timed out)