debug.log and other issues

General discussion about Zimbra Desktop.
wrightg

debug.log and other issues

Post by wrightg »

I love Zimbra Desktop, but I am having three issues that I'd like to see resolved or at least acknowledged.

The first issue is that every time I start Zimbra Desktop, I get a file called debug.log placed on my desktop. This file contains a single line which reads: "[0825/084344.722:WARNING:chrome_main_delegate.cc(569)] final extension:". What causes this and can it be gotten rid of?

The second issue is that whenever I create a new message, I get a file called en-US-7-1.bdic created on my desktop. Again, it would be nice to know what causes this and if it can be gotten rid of.

My final issue has to do with my window size being reset after every invocation of Zimbra Desktop. After each and every startup of the program, my preferred window size shrinks a little bit, both horizontally and vertically. If I don't resize my window, after enough starts, the window becomes so small as to make it unusable. I've asked this same question many time and have NEVER even had so much as a response from the developers. Does anybody know of a way to fix this so that my windows size is saved permanently so I don't have to resize every time I start the program.

I am running Zimbra Desktop 7.3.1GA on a Windows 10 1703 Build 15063.540 system with Java 8 Update 144 (64bit). I have recently built a completely new system from scratch and have installed Zimbra Desktop 7.3.1GA and Java 8 Update 144 on it and have exactly the same issues that I have on my production desktop.

Can somebody please respond and let me know how to fix these issues.

Thank you.

Greg ...
AlexseyRND

Re: debug.log and other issues

Post by AlexseyRND »

good day to all) it can be a virus attack as the old customers below version 7.3 everything is working fine, try check your antivirus program or clear the browser cache I hope my advice will help
wrightg

Post by wrightg »

Thanks for the reply, but it definitely is NOT a virus problem. As I said in my message, I built a brand new system from scratch on new hardware, and after installing Zimbra Desktop, had exactly the same problems.

Greg ...
vladimirmalic

Post by vladimirmalic »

Hi all,

I have same problem with debug.log file.

@wrightg: Have you find a solution in the meantime?
wrightg

Post by wrightg »

I have neither found a solution nor had anybody even acknowledge that this issue exists.

Posting problems here seems to be a futile exercise as not so much as even a recognition of any given issue is ever recognized.

Greg ...
alexvstr

Post by alexvstr »

shortcut right click ==> property tab short cut ==>> item Start in make this c:\zimbra or where ever you want to have this files in
sorry no solution for error have the same error
gr alex
wrightg

Post by wrightg »

Thanks alexvstr, but don't think this will work. The files that are created on the desktop are not shortcuts, but the actual files. I can see where you are going with this. Telling a shortcut where to open, would remove this file from the desktop, but the file would still be created in some directory. I would do this if I could, but would prefer to have Zimbra not even create the files unless explicitly asked to do so.

Greg ...
Toru

Post by Toru »

Hi guys and ladies!

I have a same problem. When I install the Zimbra, I get the debug.log after startup.

I tried different versions of Java (JRE 8u151 x 64, JRE 8u151-i586, JRE 8u152 x 64) and Zimbra Desktop (7.3.1, 7.3.0 32-bit and 64-bit), but the log file appears in any case.

My OS is Windows 10 64-bit.

In log file i see this:WARNING:chrome_main_delegate.cc(569)

Maybe someone has some ideas?
taylorjh

Post by taylorjh »

I have exactly the same set of problems. Can someone offer a step by step instruction on doing whatever needs to be done with Java as well as what the requirements are to install the Zimbra Desktop (Open Source). I have had it running successfully on a 64-bit version of Windows 7 for several years. I am upgrading and need to getting it running in 64-bit Windows 10 as well.

Thank you!
JoeG

Post by JoeG »

I'm seeing this as well as other problems that I posted. Considering that the OP posted this in August with no answers I doubt it will get answered.